Brexit voters march on capital

You can make as many personal comments as you like, it doesn’t change anything. The referendum and the subsequent result has ‘side-stepped’ Parliamentary protocol in so many ways that reference to what principles MP’s are supposed to uphold is frankly irrelevant.

1 Like

I’ve got a lawyer staying with me and I asked them about the legal standing of the referendum. It was advisory, there is no reason for any politicians to follow the choice of the people when it puts the country’s future into doubt.

5 Likes

That is a very clear point of view from someone who should know and understand the situation.
That sums it up David!

do not think anyone understands the situation we are in. Its a mess

You’re quite right David as the vote was advisory but unfortunately that doesn’t change anything in reality because as I’ve said before neither of the two main parties are willing to go against the result as they want to be in power/remain in power.

There are a myriad of court cases currently on-going with the aim of either stopping Brexit, demanding a new referendum or demanding a referendum on the negotiated deal, many other similar cases have already failed.

all other cases have failed unless ive missed one

Gina Miller’s case is the only success I’m aware of regarding Brexit.

was that not the article 50 thing though which got triggered anyway?

I’ve just watched Jeremy Corbyn say yet again that Labour’s official policy is to respect the Brexit result and that if there is ‘no deal’ or a poor deal Labour will push for a general election so that they can negotiate a better deal but will not offer a new referendum or scrap Brexit altogether.

Really!!! Scrap it !!!

1 Like

You’re not in power Barbara so your wshes don’t count for much.

1 Like

Nothing to do with what I want. If you read what was written you will see that it is under consideration.
No I am not in power but neither are you!
And I certainly would not want to be in power.

1 Like

Just who is considering scrapping Brexit?

Read it today.I have friends in UK who send me info.
PS you come across to me as if you are being condescending!

No one who has any sort of influence in the UK is considering scrapping Brexit Barbara.

I’m not being condescending just repeating what the leader of the opposition said yesterday and surely he knows more than the members of SFN?

I think that it may be scrapped!!!
And maybe this heen a plan all along
But, of course you know more than I.
Possibly…maybe.

Lots of people think it should be scrapped Barbara, but that doesn’t constitute a plan.

1 Like

It does if it is secretly the plan Chris.
May is either handling the whole performance really badly or she plans to fail.
However Corbyn has announced that he will do whatever the public want…and that included scrapping Brexit.
So maybe it will not happen…I think that too many people see that it is a big mistake.
But let us stop there!

Corbyn has not said that at all, please don’t make things up.

Where on earth did you see that Barbara? Today he ruled out a second referendum and he said that the result of the 2016 referendum should be respected. At no time has he said he will do what the public want. He won’t even respect the wishes of his own MPs.

We will be getting Brexit with a Tory government or a Labour government. Not much doubt about that.