Brexit voters march on capital

ok Mandy if you say so.

This is from the Guardian today -

Yes, perhaps.
But we shall see.

1 Like

I tend to agree with you Barbara. The future seems - if not unpredictable - open to any number of possibilities, however seemingly bizarre and even outside our scope for imagination.

I am anxious, though not for myself particularly, as I have little personal stake in a future beyond - perhaps - another five or possibly ten years, and conceivably much less.

Having said that, recent research suggests that my chances of dying in the next ten years is half that of a 70 year old (I am 80),as the longer you live, the longer you can expect to continue to live, statistically speaking. :grinning:

Iā€™m inclined to think there will be a Brexit fudge with an extended period of "transitionā€™ during which many of the EU conditions for trade and cooperation will continue. Brexiteer will grumble and protest, but the British appetite for radical change will be appeasef by forms of words, and we shall settle back into a comfortable future of booze cruises and stag/hen parties in the Czech Republic, and dodgy fincas in Spain.

ā€œAnd did those feet, in ancient times etc etcā€¦?ā€

2 Likes

:+1: :grin:

Let us see whether the Chequers meeting produces something concrete or whether May brings sufficiently large quantities of butter, sugar and milk to keep everyone happy.

Scrap it would probably be the best plan given the idiots in the two main parties havenā€™t got a clue on how to achieve Brexit.

1 Like

exactly

1 Like

Yawnamundo.

There is no political will to scrap it and the majority of the UK public just want it over with as they are throughly bored with the whole thing.

Yes how utterly boring but they are worse things than boredom as we may all discover.

2 Likes

Does it matter to people how Brexit is stopped as long as it is stopped? Jeremy Corbyn is starting to come under pressure from a major trade union to change Labourā€™s stance on any Brexit deal which could lead to a GE before next March. Does the end justify the means?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/jul/03/unite-union-new-brexit-referendum-labour-corbyn

YOU want it stopped?
Thought that you felt that it was impossible to stop it.

1 Like

Heā€™s not saying that Barbara.

Iā€™m no different to the majority of SFN members in wanting the UK to remain in the EU but as things stand today there seems no official political wiil to stop Brexit, however it now seems likely that Jeremy Corbyn will be forced to move Labourā€™s position on the type of Brexit they will support OR even more drastic be coerced into opposing Brexit altogether when a vote on any deal comes around. So my question is are people comfortable with Labourā€™s Brexit policy being shaped by ā€˜outside forcesā€™ if at the end of day Brexit is stopped?

YES YES YES YES YES.

I donā€™t care how it happens it just needs to be stopped. The majority of Labour MPs want it stopped but Corbyn is ignoring them. If the unions can force it then thatā€™s bloody brilliant.

1 Like

never sure what Tim really means or says.
Tim are you sure?

Donā€™t think I could have made myself much clearer, which bit are you confused about?

Comrade Corbyn will do whatever the Unions tell him to do - over beer and sandwiches - or else he will lose their backing once they put the whisper out to one or two more moderate Labour MPā€™s to mount a challenge. Which is why we havenā€™t heard anything from him lately.

PMQā€™s this week was a complete farce!!! All he went on about was bus services. I ask you - there was an open door on all walls that he could have pushed May through : Cabinet anarchy, incompetence of a senior minister (McVey or something) for ā€˜misleadingā€™ Parliament etc. etc. etc. The plain truth is, Comrade Corbin hasnā€™t the foggiest idea HOW to deal with Brexit. Come what may, we will be OUT early next year (cant remember the date) UNLESS an agreement is reached. If no agreement is reached, then the 'orse 'as bolted and the stable door is firmly closed. Too late for Corbyn to do anything about it!!! No negotiation time left!!! Juncker and Co. will have had the office keys handed in and the Union flag torn down. How will he expect to renegotiate our withdrawal when the withdrawal has already happened?

The twit is in a fantasy world of his own - and there are far too many in the same boat in the UK Parliament for the good of the country.

Anyone have William of Orangeā€™s number on speed-dial???

C

1 Like

not sure about the beer and sandwiches!

Are you saying JC doesnā€™t like beer and sandwiches, how could anyone vote for someone like that?:grinning: