Brexit voters march on capital

It’s now ‘do or die’ time for Johnson and co, they either have to resign or accept that there will be a soft brexit.

All quiet here in the UK on the political front. I am guessing that JR-M and his cohorts are waiting to read the White Paper in full before they see what they can do to scupper it. Not a peep out of the buffoon Johnson - which says a lot!

May has taken a HUGE gamble on telling the world that there is now collective responsibility in the Cabinet. I guess she is banking on Johnson and Co. to toe the line - and to lean heavily on JR-M and friends - or face an early general election where, most likely, Comrade Corbin and chums will gain power.

What a dilema for the brexiteers… a soft brexit or losing power altogether, seeing Labour take over, and the country slide into an even deeper mess.

1 Like

Mindreading :rofl:

So, you want it Stopped Now, Tim???
Not the impression you have given us earlier :thinking:
Now,
Are you sure, sure, sure ???
An’ CERTAIN :wink:

Alternatively, how about an early general election which sees Johnson and Co and JR-M and friends all join UKIP and winning !! :grin:
Highly unlikely of course, but then stranger things have happened at sea.

what right did I have to want it to be stopped!
It is just the best thing which could happen!

1 Like

I’ve never said anything other than I want the UK to remain in the EU, MP’s have had many opportunities to stop it before but have put self preservation first and this remains the case. I still believe Brexit will happen but not in the form the majority voted for now that TM has grown a pair as she was always a Remainer, however as Carl has said she has taken a huge gamble and it remains to be seen whether a) she can convince the Tory party to support her and b) whether the EU will accept the outline of her proposals.

1 Like

yes she Was a remainer and she should have found a way to stop all this fou fou.
Her duty is to perform the best for her country nothing else!

1 Like

yes I am sure that you disagree! You always do disagree with me.

It is a hobby!

But with Brexit and its dark clouds looming over us we have to work harder to maintain our future prospects. Are you all set for the possibility of disrupted gite and B and b vacation bookings?
This could be a big problem for many of you.
Every second property seems to be a vacation home!

Is every one ready to make their place special?
A challenge may become an essential.

It’s not about disgreeing just for the sake of it Barbara, you and I are/were in the minority and just have to accept the result. Now if something drastic happens and Brexit doesn’t go ahead you won’t hear me complaining but TM has no power to cancel/stop Brexit only Parliament can do that, sadly the political will isn’t there at the moment.

in the minority induced by false democracy induced by outside influences of a dark source!
The general public should not be empowered to endanger themselves!

How many of these voters knew their right hand from their left?

2 Likes

Don’t they do that at every GE?:wink:

For a bit of balance the Remain campaign was very negative and should have focused on the benefits of being part of the EU, a small majority chose to ignore that which they may not have done had Jeremy Corbyn given his full support to Remain.

Lots of reports yesterday with Rees-Mogg saying it is worse than no deal.

I suppose from his point of view that is how he sees it although I don’t know if that is simply because he thinks it will tie us too closely to the EU or because it offers him fewer opportunities to profit from the situation.

1 Like

I understand that Rees-Mog runs a very profitable hedge-fund business, and I’ve heard that the EU iintends to tighten up on the regulation of enterprises like that, so he may be more worried about getting fleeced by the regulators than he is about not getting richer via a no-deal Brexit.

I don’t know how much concern he might have for “UK plc” overall, and I am inclined to think he balances self-interest and altruism no less carefully than the rest of us.

Minor correction Peter, RM is a partner in an investment fund but has no say in the day to day running, interestingly though the fund has recently opened an office in Dublin to cover any issues after Brexit.

Thanks Tim. My perspective on JR-M which was very approximate and skewed by media coverage is now better adjusted (perhaps). Because there is a cool breeze to take the edge off the furnace-like heat outdoors I finally got round to attending to the gooseberry bushes which are drooping under the weight of overripe fruit. I’m unlikely to do much with them, I ate a few handfuls while picking, and am already rumbling below my equator, so your comment came just in time to take my mind off gooseberries.

The chickens enjoyed the ones I squashed underfoot, almost as many as I got in my buckets.

He is usually at pains to point out that he had little to do with the running of the fund - that said he seems to get paid rather handsomely for his couple of hours a month “consultancy” for someone who has “little influence”.

Anyway while I am sure he balances self interest and altruism he appears to have as much of the latter as Arnold J Rimmer has charm. If he actually has altruistic tendencies he must keep them in the family because I can’t find any evidence of them.