Brexit voters march on capital

I like Tusk’s response:

Donald Tusk
:heavy_check_mark:
@eucopresident
Politicians come and go but the problems they have created for people remain. I can only regret that the idea of #Brexit has not left with Davis and Johnson. But…who knows?

2 Likes

I loved Corbyn’s challenge to handover the Brexit negotiations to Labour, haven’t they got to win an election first?

Boris the ‘Louse’ plotting? :unamused:

Theresa May could face a confidence vote. Should find out soon.

it may not happen!!!

1 Like

Steady Babs, still a bit early to be confident of that.

Sanity may prevail Barbara, can’t imagine a ‘’‘Boris’’’ in charge of the UK, for Gs sake, not in command of the UK :thinking:
One of them Boris’s made right mess of Russia, not so long ago.
Woe is Me :unamused:
Mind You, the russkie one did at least, appreciate a good dram :slightly_smiling_face:

I think May’s future is still very much in Johnson’s hands - and he knows it!

I wouldnt be at all surprised if he is keeping his powder dry to see how the EU react to the White Paper. If they dismiss it out of hand, or start demanding more compromise than is already stated, then he (and his sycophant supporters on the back benches) will vote against the Government and, in so doing, bring down the PM.

The ones who have the biggest dilemma as to which way to ‘jump’ are Comrade Corbyn and his cohorts. One minute they are saying that we should stay in the Customs Union and the next they say that Parliament should respect the ‘will of the people’ (whatever that is!) and leave the EU. They cant have it both ways! Juncker and Co. will not allow full membership of the CU and allow us to go our own way on trade etc. Corbyn has just as big a headache as May : the majority of his party want to remain (even though they talk a good brexit) and he is a strident brexiteer - but has yet to come out of the closet. In effect - the Labour Party is a mirror image of the Cons!!!

This whole charade should be called off. They way I see it is that full negotiation should have taken place BEFORE article 50 was invoked. That way, the UK electorate would have a clear and meaningful ‘plan’ to vote upon - either accept it and leave or reject it and stay. If the Plan was accepted, then Article 50 could have been invoked and the 2 years spent putting into place all that was needed to make the leap. If it wasnt accepted, then the status quo would have prevailed. Unfortunately, the EU is wholly to blame in this instance as their rules and procedures were designed to make leaving very difficult indeed - if not impossible - and therefore no-one would be foolish enough to try…or so they thought!

An interesting few days ahead…

3 Likes

Btw, the fat slug, avoided having to lie down, to be squished (nicely) by a bulldozer, over runways, quite a deceptively agile chap :rofl:

1 Like

Carl, can I say that your post is one of the best brexit posts that anyone as ever posted on here.

1 Like

oh Timmy this asperation of of mine has always been closer to reality than you may think.
I have done little to obtain my carte de sejour but I will probably deal with it next week and take my turn waiting for the interview.
Next year is mapped out for me like a designer lable as if I knew deep

I very much doubt that the voters of Uxbridge and South Ruislip would accept him as a candidate for the next general election.
They voted Remain and he chickened out of the vote on the 2nd Heathrow runway.
If he had no seat that would throw the Tory party into an apoplexy.

1 Like

Well you must know something that everyone else doesn’t because until recently Brexit was a certainty, what concerns me is that ‘no deal’ has got a bit closer after the madness of the last few days.

instinct

1 Like

So no tangible evidence then, I’ll remind you of what you’ve just said if Brexit goes ahead but bow down to you if it doesn’t.:grinning:

Would be poetic justice Jane, but ‘it’ will be found a safe seat probably, I imagine ‘it’s’ present constituents are utterly disgusted with ‘it’. :unamused:

Very kind of you to say so @mick - as you can guess, I am following this pantomime very closely as it’s timing is going to have a huge impact upon our forthcoming house purchase this autumn. A soft brexit is what I am hoping for (none at all would be nirvana!) coupled with an interest rate rise in September (August would be a tad too early) - all hopefully enabling the pound to climb against the euro. A 1 cent rise equates to £1000 pounds saved (roughly) so ‘every little helps’! All our calculations are based upon a rate of £1 = E1.12 so any improvement on that would see me smiling until Christmas!

2 Likes

Tim, some people use the word instinct to mean a very highly-developed intelligence that combines close attention to detail, a faculty for an unusually wide perspective on seemingly unrelated sensory data, and the ability to synthesise these quickly and with predictable accuracy.

Barbara is surely not the first person in this category who has escaped your benevolent if rather selective notice? :roll_eyes::relaxed:

1 Like

That’s one of the funniest things you’ve every wriiten.:grinning:

1 Like