Brexit voters march on capital

Thank you, Tim, you’re nothing if not a real gentleman, and obviously a man of superior light-hearted sensibility. Keep up the good work to brighten our day! :+1::+1::+1::grinning::grinning::grinning::bouquet::bouquet::bouquet:

1 Like

you do not have to bow down to me if I am right.
As I said it is not secret info.
How are the rented properties going?

Funny or just a bit “gobble”…and if it was a dig at me I am not sure but Timmy loves

to join in or begin a dig at Barbara.

I woman with your ‘instinct’ Barbara should be able to work out what I meant.:wink:

The rentals are not in full swing yet as the UK school kids haven’t broken up but somehow we’re still working nigh on seven days a week which is a bit of a puzzle. What’s worse we’ve no holiday planned until late next year when we’re going back to Trumpton.

3 Likes

Not a dig at you at all, Barbara. It was a mild rebuke directed at Tim for being a bit of a m@le chauvinist p!g. Instinct is often dismissed as illogical and nonsensical. Especially by men when women claim to have a reliable instinct about something important.

Often I’m wordy and not direct enough. But I think Tim was aware of what I meant.

I wasn’t trying to be funny either time, but I’m glad Tim was tickled, as his humour often tickles me. :grinning:

1 Like

We are in full swing and taking on a linen supplier which will be a great help in many ways.
We are fully booked for next April with our new project.
And summer is at least 50% booked.
Maybe it is instinct.

Na, you’re just lucky to have such a clever partner.:wink:

I did laugh because that is very, very mean!
I organise all the reservations and take care of the buisness.
He has made the garden look amazing and he works really hard.
We both have had our moments as chefs and we have a good eye for interiors.
Geminie i and Aries…hot air.

The EU won’t buy May’s plan as it stands - though it has a better chance as a starting point for negotiations than the previous suggestions.

If it were not for the problem of the Irish border I think that the EU would be willing to discuss a wide range of solutions - as long as the UK did not appear to be “cherry picking” but as it stands May backed herself into a corner with the Lancaster house speech and her silly red lines - like the Leave campaign before her she promised a vision of Brexit that is undeliverable. By capitulating to the Ultras she set herself up for this showdown at some point and it is now crunch time.

We are in danger of reaching next March with no agreement, our best short-term hope is that we ask for and are granted an extension to the Article 50 negotiations - or thet the EU impose such an extension on the grounds that there is noone in UK government who is actually competant to negotiate with them.

Much as I dislike Hunt he cannot fail to be a better FS than Johnson and while I don’t know much of Rabb’s record I suspect he has the potential to do a better job than Davis, even though he is a firm Leave supporter.

Otherwise I would prepare for exit next March with no deal. Naturally there are some on the Ultra side who will welcome that but I don’t think the rest of us will enjoy the process much.

2 Likes

In the Guardian… Not pulling any punches!!!

TEXT OF PORTION OF AN EDITORIAL FROM THE GUARDIAN NEWSPAPER, UK: "Never at any stage do the Brexiters ever accept the practical duty of producing a detailed post-Brexit plan. Instead, David Davis smirks through meeting after meeting, Boris Johnson gabbily chases cheap headlines, Michael Gove spins a wordy web of courteous waffle and Liam Fox insists that black is white and white black. Mr Davis said this week that Mrs May’s ideas would not work. So, what might work instead? There was, predictably, no answer from Mr Davis. There never is. The Brexiters created the mess and the burden with which Mrs May has to wrestle. But it is never, ever, their fault. Nothing ever is. It is only, ever, Mrs May’s fault – or someone else’s fault: the civil service, the judges, business leaders, the Irish, the liberal elites or Brussels.

Before the Brexit vote and since, the Brexiters have never put forward a detailed plan of their own. They did not do so this week. They spent 12 hours at Chequers not doing it. They won’t do it next week either. They don’t do plans. They only do fantasy. They spun a fantasy of takeover by Brussels; now they spin a fantasy of liberation from it. They have held our country, its politics, its press and its shared life hostage to their lazy second-rate dreariness for too long. It is time to take the fight to them."

1 Like

The way the Gov’ is performing, they must avoid an election, at all costs, as I fear, the Electorate is so peed off, the Corby Crowd will be a real, tangible threat :unamused:

A tangible threat to what? They surely can’t do any worse than the current bunch of power mad tossers. Btw, I’ve never voted Labour in my life.

Until Brexit is done with Corbyn does not want to be in No. 10 as Labour’s Brexit strategy is the same as the Tories - cake and eat it. Whilst they are revelling in the current chaos swirling around TM they are also shi**ing themselves that a GE will be called before Brexit negotiations have been concluded.

2 Likes

Well that says it all.

The Brexiteers plan has always been to exit the EU without any deal and hope for the best.

what is the best?
Does UK have a bright future?
I said about 16 years ago that London was the place for gangsters, bankers, politicians and the very rich.
Was I wrong?

I think you ascribe too much intelligence to the Labor party. Their strategy, like all parties and all political groups for all time is to stand on vague promises, get elected and only then work the details out. This sort of approach is what got us into the current mess in the first place. Labour’s divisions on Brexit are not in focus and not dividing the party simply because they are not in power and can ignore the issue except to occasionally snipe (considerably less effectively than they should be doing) at the Tories.

Interestingly polls suggest that they are not massively ahead. An election might result in another hung parliament.

The only difference now is that they are not home grown.

1 Like

close to the truth!

It’s now starting to get interesting.

The government scrapped through a couple of votes last night after they gave in to the likes of JRM and watered down the White Paper, this upset the Tory Remainers who voted against the government, if this continues it will become harder to pass any bills and we could end up with a stalemate come the Autumn. Cue a GE and all bets are off.