Brexit, what Brexit?

That’s a strong contender for the most half-witted article ever published in the Guardian.

2 Likes

Enigmatic response. Would you care to share your reasoning?

Well it is just a space filling listicle, isn’t it.

1 Like

But quite reassuring for an old man who has learned not to plan more than six months ahead…

I see one error has already been corrected.

To me the whole article reads like she’s looked up facts but not really grasped the full picture. Comments such as “After Brexit, some countries will discriminate in favour of EU candidates” - it’s an EU policy ffs, it’s not about some countries will discriminate and some won’t.

Leaving aside the grammar - “rules, which includes”.

Yes I realise it’s just a filler, but even so.

1 Like

@anon27586881. I think you need a glass of something bubbly to lift your spirits…

1 Like

Thhnks🤩 What I need is to get over the cold that descended on me on Christmas Eve. Venison joint that was planned for Christmas day is rescheduled foy New Year’s day and at this rate I won’t want it then either.
Sorry - bored with snotting everywhere and feeling sorry for myself now.

Surely, for <deity>'s sake the headline should read

“10 things you will NOT be able to do in 11 months time”

OK, we’ll still be able to holiday in the EU and for France retirement should be relatively straightforward plus the 10th “thing you can still do” is not actually a “thing you can do” - but the rest?

1 Like

hummm you won’t be taking to the tradition of swallowing oysters on NYE then… since it has been likened to swallowing cold snot :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :face_vomiting:

Oh dear…open fire? Cosy blanket? mindless literature? box of favorite treats? gentle music? large jug of water? hot toddy? All of the above, and forget about NY until tomorrow and hope your cold doesn’t follow you across the year boundary.

1 Like

Get well soon,

1 Like

Hope you feel better soon Anna :mask: :wink: :hugs:

1 Like

Seems you’ve turned over a new shirt for the New Year, @anon88169868 Paul :hugs:!

Was it a prezzie? Suits you anyway.

Time for a glass or a pitcher of bubbly Govies Liver Salts to clear out all that post-festive gunge. Including the rancid residue of over indulgence in Brexit with all the trimmings!

Boris, apparantly, has issued a fatwa to his bohojadeen, “The infidel term Brexit is double-plus-ungood and leads to Double Decker Death!”

No more mention of Brexit then in pine-fresh 2020 :scream:

Here’s Ayatollah Chris Grey’s latest Friday night offering, for the Faithful…

2 Likes

BTW Double Decker Death is an invention of mine that came to mind during an after- lunch reverie, consisting of gammon and piccalilli.

Double Decker Death rests on execution by a double bladed guillotine, rather like a cheap disposable razor.

Also known as the Ooh-Aah method, the first blade sllces to the follicles (spectators gasp Ooh! on the in-breath), the second blade slices to the clavicles (spectators gasp Aah! on the outbreath) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But Double Decker Death Wish is an Australian burger. Perhaps ill advised branding in the light of their current climatic disaster…

1 Like

One learns something precious every single day, Mike, cobber! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Good on ya, mate!

Not cheerful reading.

1 Like