Britain Bullshit

As I understand it, the mutant viruses came from so called endangered species.
Clearly they are the real danger to human life.
The sooner they are eliminated, the better.
Nuke the goddamned lot of them!

À trivial dispute escalates to an act of violence. Brings back fond memories of summer holidays on Margate beach…

Mr Punch (squeaky-scratchy voice) “Oh, yes you DID!” (brandishes colourful pole)

Mrs Punch (shrill piping voice) “Oh, no I didn’t!”

Mr Punch (furious shreik) "You DID!! (strikes woman violently in the face with pole, who tries to defend herself with raised hands)

Oh how we 5-year-olds laughed!

(No women were injured in this dramatic reconstruction) :joy:

Jaysus Peter, careful you will have the woke army after you.

1 Like

It was just one instance of being able to disprove what the Chinese authorities are saying.
The doctor who was the whistle blower and was reprimanded and subsequently dies is now being hailed as a hero, by the people.

Unfortunately NHS staff were threatened not to Whistle Blow even though they have a protected right to do so.

1 Like

In the Home of the Brave and Land of the Free you can get fired and even lose your licence for talking about shortcomings of the hospital where you work.

2 Likes

I was referring to China, although the same appalling threats were made in UK.

This is not the UK warning on the EU’s capabilty to survive Anna but the governments of Italy and Spain themselves.

Yes I’m well aware of what’s going on, but it’s not the first time Italy and Spain have had a spat with the EU’s northern states over debt.
Italy had a major sulk over it last time they didn’t get the bail out they wanted, but they didn’t walk out because ultimately it wouldn’t have been in their interests. (Personally I don’t think Italy would be any great loss to the EU but you can’t say that.) Maybe this time they will, but more likely the cracks will be papered over again, until next time.

It just amuses me the way the UK media seizes on these random spats between states whenever it sees a chance to cry The EU is Doomed. It’s as if they think that 27 different states, with different economies and different agenda, should be able to miraculously agree on everything all the time. In reality member states argue about everything all the time, but up to now they’ve stuck together. Just like families, there are rows between spouses and siblings, or teenagers and parents, but it doesn’t necessarily mean one of them is going to walk out and the family’s going to fall to pieces. But most of the EU “discussions” go unreported in the UK media because it’s not remotely interested in EU politics. Even now it’s not really interested in what the fairest solution would be and what different suggestions are being considered. What it’s most interested in, is the fact that there’s a good fight going on and the EU might break up.

5 Likes

Fiddling while Rome burns it seems…
Pot-Kettle come to mind here. Both Scotland and Wales want to break up the “union” :fire: still, I suppose it diverts attention away from more pressing issues like the UK economy going southwards at an incredible pace and massive layers of new government debt being ramped up :grin:

2 Likes

I understand.

It has been very helpful to read all this and realise that other people are questioning things and asking questions. I have been watching the Uk from the newsfeed and just seeing the press causing havoc and a grim melting pot, it is good to know that people are looking at the situation from outside and seeing aspects that the press ‘forget’ or ‘get wrong’.
Did anyone see a post where someone said that they would be willing to die in order to see Boris Johnston restored and leading the country? Wow.

As far as I know the BBC report internationally regardless of Brexit.

France is in recession!

Yes, we know that - so your point is?

Cracks papered over again as expected

and as usual the bbc prefers to reflect on the unsurprising fact that a union of 27 countries frequently has differences of opinion on how best to solve crises, rather than on the more interesting fact that they keep managing to reach compromises and preserve the union

Dont be silly, there is no politician on earth worth that much sacrifice.

As far as I could see, the BBC, having run the breakdown in talks as a featured article for several days, chose only to briefly record the fact that a solution had been found within their live feed.
To be fair it is possible that a full article may yet appear.

Honestly, some Scottish Tory guy said he would be willing to die to save him, someone said it is like a Boris cult. It was on twitter.
I am very polite and say nothing about what might happen if Boris Johnston died. Because wishing people dead isn’t Christian or nice. But he’s out of intensive care so no hope of Brexit being stopped.

I dont think Brexit would be stopped even if BJ was not around. The cabinet is full of staunch Brexiteers and the final act would have been demanded as a tribute by all his syncophant followers as a tribute.
As a Christian by birth I am thinking that surely Boris should have gloriously returned on Monday rather than today.

6 Likes