British man to be deported from Denmark

According the local he was, literally. The article is behind a paywall but you can get as far as the word “frogmarched”.

Are we talking about the same man? I thought he was in Denmark - not Sweden???

2 Likes

Wrong story… and in the case of Sweden… the Brit was not allowed back into Sweden but was kept at the Swedish airport until he could get back on a flight out… which he paid for…

Yes you are right!

The Swedish police are possibly the most laid back I’ve ever dealt with, so this bloke must have got bolshy with them to get “frogmarched” onto the plane.

2 Likes

Maybe he asked them if they knew who he was, that would be guaranteed to get a reaction.

2 Likes

Do the French get frog marched at all?
Over the top journalistic words as per usual, they could sensationalise opening a packet of biscuits.

1 Like

Neither did I. Not a peep. Of course, as an intelligent person, I knew the score, and knew it since summer 2016. Why anyone in a situation like that would not know what the consequences of Brexshit were beggars belief.

1 Like

If he’s not allowed to return I can’t imagine his fiancée being allowed to join him in the UK knowing the Home Office.

I’ve just read through the thread - Living in a country without speaking the language

phew! (on several fronts)

There was one comment I thought somewhat germain here and maybe very wise advice - “Tourists are not going to get themselves into a mess through not understanding what they have to do, and need help to get out of it.”

It was posted the fin admin person arrived 3 months before end-2020. All I can say is we arrived 1 month before precisely because of Brexit deadline so must be a big co-incidence he didn’t arrive because of Brexit…

Wonder when he started the job in Denmark? After 2020 wouldn’t he have been asked for right to work proof or something like that from the employer? Did he speak ‘the language’?

All sounds very strange to me - but I’m also on the cutting some slack side though there seems a lot of ‘slack’ to cut!

And if it was me also I’d be spending good money now on lawyers for appeals to EU - which could pause any national action? And getting down to the refugee support centre?

Perhaps despite their history the French would opt for ‘goose stepping’ over ‘frog marching’. Certainly if I had to choose between l’oie et la grenouille, I know which I’d opt for