BROCANTE: MONOPOLY on Street Food traders by Organiser

Where I live there are 2 Brocantes per year the first is a Thursday Jour Ferie Ascension I think and the second is August 15th Assomption, I've had tables at both and never in the 14 years I've been here has food been sold. Be it crepes, choriza (deep fried long donuts) or any thing else. The local business' would be up in arms as it's their chance to really up their profits and it's the same on the 21st June the music festival, all the restaurants and bars actually link up with tables outside in the road. Just out of interest during the Brocantes in Montrichard are any of the restaurants and bars open ? As if they are open for business, they would have a legitimate "beef" with the crepe seller and by rights have them removed if they didn't have the correct paper work, it's just a thought. There is always the "If you can't beat them, join them" school of thought.... :)

As far as I know ...... which is not very far as I don't do a lot of vides, being an Artisan d'art and not many of them are suitable for our product , we do about 5 or 6 per year, the organisers can make the rules .

They are usually clearly written in the dossier d'inscription , and I have to admit they often say that food etc. can only be sold by the organisation/ association. I know that's not a great help to you Anthony but it could be worth asking for a copy of le reglemenation du Vide. In this case. I have always believed it is done so that the association can make the extra profit on top of the pitch fees.

Anthony have a read of" Rose en Marche" by jamie ivey, it will give you a good insight into how the market's and brocante are run here in france, it will make your blood boil when you read what goes on.

When in Rome... 'France work by piston' it is a form of polite corruption, good luck with changing a centuries old system.

Perhaps you were made to live in France! if you do, or have worked your whole life on "pistons". No, not really (to answer your question). In a town of several thousand, with a brocante of several hundred stalls, no, I am not particularly known to them (the mayor, the organiser) although I have spoken to them both on a number of occasions, and the organiser's daughter bought a Beatles T-shirt off us a few years ago. Thanks for the answer David, but I don't work like that; perhaps you do and perhaps you have been more successful than me because of that.

Never mind all of those laws/rules: are you friends with the mayor and his staff or the organiser? Just asking.