Brrr! Anyone else put their heating on this morning?

My favourite response so far Vero. How many do you have? :smile::smile::smiley_cat::smiley_cat::smiley_cat:

2 Likes

Woah! Happily not that cold here today but still chilly this morning again.

Temperatures picking up again from tomorrow though :sunglasses::sunny::parasol_on_ground:

Our cats usually try to get into the bed.

Not that they are allowed in the house any more - just the kitchen and utility which is fairly cat proof.

Cost of cats from rescue centre - just the vets fees for spaying, microchipping etc, donation of food to the centre.

Cost of replacement of, or repair to, curtains and furniture - well into four figures (seriously).

Donā€™t let cute looks fool you.

3 Likes

You have my sympathy Paul.

I well remember adopting two senior cat brothers, 9 years old, in the late 90ā€™s. I adored them but they destroyed the contents of my brand new house. They had few teeth but enormously sharp claws and made their way through curtains, carpets, sofas, beds etc. I didnā€™t bother replacing anything until the second one died at the age of 14 (sadly they had not had good veterinary care and were quite poorly) so just lived in the war zone that was my house.

I donā€™t think my wife has quite forgiven me - when we went to look she had the notion of getting an older, calmer, cat but we came away with two cute tearaway kittens as I, and my son, fell for their charms.

It was a mistake.

They are still very cute though :slight_smile:

They have calmed down a bit as they got older but we still donā€™t let them into the house (and quickly repatriate them should they slip through an open door) - once bitten and all that :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am jealous, My husband is pottering around the Chasseneuil sur bonniere area looking at houses in 24 degrees while I am holding the fort in Newcastle where we had a not very balmy 14!

Hope you find what youā€™re looking for.

1 Like

Thanks, he is having fun shortlisting so I will join him next week for 2nd viewings. He is sounding very positive.

2 Likes

Exciting times, enjoy them but make sure that you donā€™t get too carried away, and that you do all your homework before being swept away by your dream property :wink:

1 Like

Certainly will. Thanks

1 Like

Very cold this am. Got to wear a coat and carry the cat as body warmer.

Well it gets the housework done at double speed so we keep nice and warm. But looks like todayā€™s the day to get out the jumpers again.

1 Like

Drizzly rain here but not cold.

1 Like

Jane and Peter, I think you are both far away from hereā€¦ Brittany 40 kms south of Rennes. I think its my cliff plus microravine, that creates a microclimate. Quite peculiar. Never the same as anywhere elseā€¦thereā€™s a marker that says the house is about 2 metres below sea level, ā€¦so I suppose one day, the cat and I will be flushed away. Downriver, to the huge Vilaine and out into the ocean.

Itā€™s been very cold in Essex these last few days and torrential rain yesterday. Heating has been on full blast. I canā€™t believe itā€™s still early September! I want to come home to France!

1 Like

You will be back in France soon? The torrential rain was here too, yesterday. Exactly the right time for all thatā€™s left of the fruit. Quinces and peachesā€¦ Someone made something interesting to go with cheese, out of quinces, canā€™t remember what it wasā€¦ The perfect fruit for here because the skins are like leather, and none of the local bugs have succeeded in getting thruā€™.

1 Like

Try this

it is wonderful with all kinds of cheese.
I planted quince in Scotland, but never really had a worthwhile crop.

So hoping my new garden/french climate will be more obliging

1 Like

Sadly not. Iā€™m now permanently back in the UK but hope to return to France for a holiday early next year.

1 Like

That is the stuff I tried to remember the name thereof! Sounds perfectā€¦BUTā€¦doesnā€™t say anything about how to store/keep itā€¦ Jars? Wrapped in tinfoil? Fridge?

1 Like

So sorry you had to make a decision to leaveā€¦ Mandy.

1 Like