BS Quotient

Total side comment to the discussion re contaminated meat. It referred to "Scan Lib" - a term I wasnt familiar with, so I googled it and found this wonderful drivel describing the process a consultant was proud of. I thought I was good at the BS - I am a rank amateur compared to these guys:

"The first step included desk research, ideation, and ethnography. All the data we had received from Carrefour about Scan’Lib was reviewed, and an ideation session was held to generate a framework that would give us orientation during the contextual observation phases. We then travelled to Chambourcy in Paris to start a contextual observation of Scan’Lib use complemented with contextual interviews with the users of the quick scan device, as well as a mystery shopping trip.

Once we had gathered all the information we could, we moved on to the next step of analysis and co-creation, beginning with co-creative methodologies to share the findings of our ethnographic work with the rest of the team. The findings about customer experience with Scan’Lib were shaped through a process of information design that allowed us to categorise and classify every item for the final blue print. The final blueprint reflects the complete buying process, starting with the client entering a Carrefour store and ending when he or she exits."

It wasnt even dated April 1st. I hereby lay down the gauntlet. Can someone provide a (must be real ie not created for this) greater BS quotient than this

Steve

And think of how many non-productive jobs it creates. Employment for all those paper pushers that can't seem to find their way into civil service gravy trains.

Yes, We used to call it "thinking about it" but you probably can't charge as much for that vs ideation

At least I've learned a new word :-)

Ideation is the creative process of generating, developing, and communicating new ideas, where an idea is understood as a basic element of thought that can be either visual, concrete, or abstract. Ideation is all stages of a thought cycle, from innovation, to development, to actualization. As such, it is an essential part of the design process, both in education and practice.