Building regulations

Hi. Can anyone tell me if. I need planning permission for 2 roof lights / sky lights or what I would have called velux windows in our roof . 1 would face the garden and fields the other would face a road but no other property


if we need planning permission what papers would they need please


Hi Susan,

You need a simplified planning permission because Velux windows change the outside appearance of the buildings. Go to your mairie and ask or download form Cerfa n°13703*03 to apply for a "déclaration préalable de travaux". Send filled form to the mairie as registered post (courrier recommandé avec avis de réception). The Maire has a month to say ok or request more information. If he/she says nothing, you may proceed.

Hope it helps.