Bush finally comes clean 😂

1 Like

Brilliant!

Powerful reaction by Arwa Mahdawi in today’s Guardian John:

Tell you what, I’m not laughing. Nor are a lot of Arabs. I don’t think it’s possible to overstate the depravity and horror of the 2003 invasion of Iraq. Iraqi prisoners of war – many of whom were innocent people who were arrested by mistake – were violently tortured by US and UK troops. Hundreds of thousands of civilians died. The entire country was left in ruins. And the suffering continued long after the occupying forces left. The US military’s frequent use of munitions containing depleted uranium in Iraq, along with military hardware abandoned by troops, poisoned the environment and the population. Even now babies are being born with severe birth defects linked to the invasion. “Doctors are regularly encountering anomalies in babies that are so gruesome they cannot even find precedents for them,” the lead researcher of a 2019 study said. “The war has spread so much radiation here that, unless it is cleaned up, generations of Iraqis will continue to be affected.” So, yeah, please excuse me if I don’t find Bush’s slip-up particularly funny.

4 Likes

I agree Geof, there was nothing funny about it at all.

1 Like

Another interesting slip up…

John Bolton - former US National Security Adviser - didn’t like having his expertise questioned in an interview on the Jan 6th ‘coup’ attempt - so blurted out:

“As somebody who has helped plan coups d’etat — not here, but, you know, other places…”

4 Likes