Buying a car second hand from a garage

I just sold a car in France and the buyer was running around in it for a fortnight and returned to the garage because the heater wasn’t working on the left. The garagist said that in France a buyer has three weeks to return the car in default so I fixed the heater for €285 and all continued. In this case, if the garagist is correct, and he is a friend, then the vendor must fix the problem or pay for it to be fixed.

How did this end? I just looked up this thread because I have a similar problem, but with a mountain bike. It is still a vehicle, right?

I bought the bike from a rental shop on a ski-field. We agreed that I could pick it up in 2 weeks and that they would do a full service and replace the tires. When I got there they had covered the bike in a bleeding hard to remove black protective tape. Taping up a bike is common practice to protect the frame. I did my best to inspect the frame then and couldn’t find a fault. So, I bought it. This was the end of July

In this winter’s break from cycling, I have been removing the tape and lo and behold, there is crack in the frame on the rear triangle. Yes, I know , I should have walked away or demanded they remove the tape, but unfortunately, emotions took over from cold rationality :frowning:

Can anyone give any advice?

It’s going to be tricky to prove the crack was there in July.

I know. C’est Moche!

It’s still under warranty, I just need to convince them to do it,