Cadastrals

I’ve had several Cadastrals sent to me but I can’t figure out how to distinguish the property in question when the plans show many yellow highlighted areas with different numbers to each one, but no indication on the property details which is the one in question!!?

You can only identify the property/land in question from the plot numbers.
If I understand you correctly, the ‘yellow’ areas denote the buildings.

Yes, the yellow blocks are the buildings. Each one will be set in a plot of land with a number on it, surrounded by a black line (although sometimes more than one building per plot of land). The purchase documents should refer to the plot numbers, or ask whoever sent you the plans. And if you know the area you can work out which plot is which from road layouts.

With out house we actually bought six different plots as the previous owners had bought little bits and pieces to make up our garden.

Same here Jane but after we advised the build was complete, the land was re-surveyed/redrawn and all the different parcels (apart from the petit foret) were joined together and allocated a new cadastral number.

Was that expensive? I do like things to be neat, but not if it costs too much!

Didn’t cost us anything Jane. It was the departement just tidying things up. They wrote to us to advise it was being done and that it wouldn’t cost us anything. We didn’t ask for it but it seemed the natural thing to do.
That said, I can’t be certain if our TF went up thereafter as a consequence of the ‘regularisation’ or that it just generally increased. Beforehand, the land was just scrappy ‘cow pasture’ (although not used for farming for 30+ years) but since our intervention and careful management, it now looks more like a ‘park’.

Ah well, maybe it will happen here too!

Maybe, but what helped here was that all the old buildings were demolished and a completely new build erected. Perhaps that was the trigger :thinking: