CAF says now we've left EU right to stay terminates on 31/7/16 - help!

this letter is telling you to renew your carte de sejour,nothing to do with brexit,your entitlement to a carte de sejour depends on your circumstances,if they have'nt changed i can't see a problem to renew it.

Nowt to do with a carte de sejour Kevin. Sarah's entitlement to any benefits are due to end on the 31st july. That can and does apply to anyone living in France in the Social Security system. Your 'attestation de droits' for example, will tell you when benefits are payable to. I've no idea what the current rules are.

Sarah doesn't need a carte de sejour (as I understand it, unless things have changed) unless she is from outside the EU.

the letter from the photo seems to me to be saying that the carte de sejour needs renewing to continue the right to benefit,

Peter my letters if dated, are dated a good week before they arrive in my letter box! That's French admin for you! UK probably the same though.

2 Maires offices in France have told me I don't need a carte de Sejour, the last one, telling me again last year! Wonder what she'll say to me on Tuesday when I go visit and ask again? We know each other well enough in the time I've lived in this village, but she knows I need to get out of this house as and when I can, that may mean a move to the next town, there's nothing available here!

This is the link to the circular with reference to droit de séjour:

http://www.info-droits-etrangers.org/index.php?page=2-3-2

and more possibly clearer info here:

https://www.service-public.fr/particuliers/vosdroits/N123

There was no need to interject further then

Droit au séjour and carte de séjour are different things - EU citizens have right of abode for a certain time under certain conditions in other member states and can also benefit from the same benefits as nationals but again certain conditions have to be met, eg if they are going to get certain benefits they have to work whereas they can get certain others if they don't. Also a distinction is made between 'old' EU members and 'new' EU members. Anyway, I have put links to the service public site which should clarify things!

No it isn't, Kevin!

No carte de séjour is mentioned! See above & below :-)

Thanks Vero, yes I've checked both links out! I a, familiar with gouv one since moving 3 yrs ago, as you can imagine. 2 probs though, only been in Sarthe 2 years, lived France permanently since Jan 2008. My OH had all initial docs when I left him. Only my bank still in Montpellier can confirm I've been with them all that time. Only got 2 yrs of Taxe forms up here also. Whatever way I look I'm stuffed as far as I can see for written proof of residence in France 3, 5 or 8+ years.

We received the exact same letter a few months ago. We answered it and everything continued as normal. Lots of people have been receiving these standard letters and The Connexion put something on Facebook about it which got lots of responses. It was several months ago now so would be difficult to find. The advice at the time was to not panic and just answer the questions. Hope that helps.

Here's the discussion we had on this in January.

http://www.survivefrance.com/forum/topics/droit-au-sejour-demande-de-renouvellement

Me again, just checked out the March discussion on same subject. It answers a lot of questions. Yes I had same or similiar letter a couple of months ago re CAF, don't remember if there was mention of a Carte Sejour or not, but gave it to my Social Worker who just sorted everything out for me, thank God! Although she's been promoted and transferred to a different CAF Departmental Office, she has said she will continue to help me, so we do it all by phone and email these days. Oh yes, I've got a mountain of medical documents and blood tests going back to 2008 when first registered with a M T. Original CPAM papers that show payments made, most of which were also left behind in Herault, do they prove residence though! I've been on 100% ALD SINCE March '13 for 99% of things since then and afterwards. It's all too complicated for me now I have to admit.

However