Call for EU27 to confirm status of UK citizens

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
the poster knows nothing about balls…

@anon88169868 you might have to wait as I have just suspended him for a week…

1 Like

Somewhat expected hence my comment :slight_smile:

At least it will give him plenty of thinking time.

1 Like

As it seems that people mostly worried about health care how much is the private one in France have friends in England that newer uses the nhs the Are all on private health care we have the same system back home as the nhs but allot of people have switched to private care instead now because it’s better dose any one now?

I know my opinion on the bulk of private health-care is that it is like expensive beauty treatment.

Apply talcum powder, Chanel No 5 parfum, lipstick, face powder, mascara, eye-shade and nail-polish to a pig, dress in a Gucci outfit and accessories, and it is still a pig.

That’s the private health service, a greedy parasitic pig IMO.

I know several people who have used private health care in the UK for straightforward or minor things. Like knee replacements so they don’t have to wait. But if things go wrong, and they do, the private hospitals often don’t have the ability to cope and send them to an NHS hospital.

You might get better food, but you don’t get better care.

Taking out private health insurance is expensive in France and in the UK. But to join the French National Health Service is not expensive and great value for money. For a pensioner on a pension of around 15k it would only cost around 400€ a year. Less than a 10th the cost of private health insurance.

4 Likes

Dear Mr Tilstock,

In your response you admit to trolling for your own amusement. This is bad behaviour and you should be ashamed.

1 Like

Until yesterday I had every reason to believe that my future in France was secure.
With the mass acceptance of the Conservative party that to abrogate the WA is acceptable behaviour then all of my concerns about pensions, health,and security now revive as it seems that the undertakings of the UK government have no value and promises to pay pensions, finance our health care and give is security in our homes could be broken overnight at the whim of the present PM, a known liar.
I have written twice to my MP Anne Marie Morris with copies to both her constituency and parliamentary addresses with neither acknowledgment not response. She has voted in support of this infamous Internal Market Bill and is unable to give any reason for her support.
I can only urge you to pester your own MP, if a supporter of the government,

with threats of active opposition to their continued representation.
I cannot believe that ordinary voters know what is being done in their name. If I am wrong then I despair.

2 Likes

It’s immoral and dishonest.

1 Like

I always feel that trolls must be such empty people if they have nothing better to do. We should pity them for their sad lives.

6 Likes

Anthony, you will soon learn to keep your head below the parapet if you don’t want it bitten off.

I think Anthony got the result he wanted

1 Like

Veronique, I am French, English and Scottish by birth. Perhaps you don’t thing that matters,

Perhaps Anthony Wright should be just excluded from the forum as ha has admitted that the most fun he gets “is winding EX pats up that are really turncoats to good old Blighty!”

And he won’t mind as he “will not be putting any more posts on this forum”.

Grahame Pigney

P Help save paper - please don’t print this email unless you really need to.
P Sauvegardons la planète. Avez-vous vraiment besoin d’imprimer cet e-mail?

Well said, I rarely visit here now as very Clichy group, and not willing to discuss just condemn people.
The EU never negotiated on a full deal, they wanted the EU to set the rules, their courts to police us, they give state aide but refuse to let us do the same, we had and still have higher standards than them but say we have to prove it, how many people complain about cheap crap french plugs, tools,
I would rather the EU including the Uk could set standards for the world to follow and respect but it’s not working,immigrants abandoned in the med, on Greek islands, in camps at Calais, nothing done about Russia,blowing up of a airliner, assassination attempts in Uk, Germany and Russia 2 weeks ago, nothing done about chemicals , the planet, climate change, the Amazon , the list goes on and on but it’s all run to make the northern countries richer to the detriment of the southern country’s.
Every one here only cares about their cosy life in France, drinking wine,cutting grass and spending hours on here and Facebook pretty sad really, don’t bother replying as I don’t check in very often,
Have a good evening.

1 Like

What’s a clichy group?

2 Likes

something on the same lines as vichyssoise perhaps :rofl:
best served cold…

2 Likes

A Clichy group are just friends of Gaël Clichy (French football player)

2 Likes

Maybe he thinks we all live here?!

3 Likes

Barrie,

Unfortunately that is not entirely true.

The EU set out their stall right at the beginning of the negotiations.

The UK never real engaged in protecting the rights of UK citizens who live, work, study in EU27 states nor those who work cross-border to/from the UK, own property or business or have family in the EU27 states.

The EU27 ignored just as many including those who work cross-border to/from the UK, own property or business or have family in the EU27 states.

The EU27 have ignored its founding principles & treaties and “generously” granted UK citizens who were, and still are EU citizens, lesser rights than they grant to residents of “Third Countries”.

It is but a matter of degree but the EU27 have used UK citizens with interests in the EU27 states as pawns in the negotiations, just as the UK has used the EU27 citizens resident in the UK.

To give but one example, in the negotiations over the Withdrawal Act the UK proposed continuing freedom of movement for UK citizens resident in the EU27, the EU27 refused!

Grahame Pigney

P Help save paper - please don’t print this email unless you really need to.
P Sauvegardons la planète. Avez-vous vraiment besoin d’imprimer cet e-mail?