Capital gains on selling a house in England

Hi, we have recently sold a house in England, and paid the capital gains on it. We are fiscally domiciled in France, so we have to declare the sale here, as the sale of a “maison secondaire”. My question is will there be further capital gains to pay, or does the double taxation agreement cover it?

This is a good article from 2017 even if the house was not your main residence the principle is explained. Not sure if anything has changed since then but maybe this firm can help with your query.

Surely if you are fiscally resident in France, then any cgt should be paid to the French impots, not hmrc

Here is a link to the HMRC website. You now have to pay CGT on disposal of UK property even if you’re not resident in the UK.