Car service query

Bonjour all. We bought a car from a Renault dealer last August and it is due for a service. We tried to book it into the workshop there today but they are fully booked until Feb. 13th. This would be ok except OH has to drive to Switzerland next Saturday for a funeral and really wanted the service done before he goes. Can he try another Renault dealer in our area or does he have to take it to the one we bought it from in order to meet the warranty conditions? (We would ask at the workshop but our French is poor as is the mechanic’s English!) Sorry if this query sounds basic but we are still learning the ropes in France and not sure how these things work here. :roll_eyes::woozy_face:

Is is a Renault factory warrantee? If so any genuine Renault dealer will do. Do get them to complete and stamp the service record. Some garages say it’s all on the manufacturers system, and it is, but I also prefer a hardcopy.

Thanks for replying John. The car was not brand new when we bought it (3yrs old) and we have a I year warranty? Good advice regarding getting the service record stamped.

I suspect it’s a Renault secondhand warrantee which should be valid across the dealer network so any Renault dealer could do the service for you. I’d check with garage you bought the car from to be sure, but I doubt they could complain if the work was carried out by a Renault main dealer. One upside to using another dealer might be for them to look over the car as well. They might spot something that the garage that sold it to you had “missed” :wink:

4 Likes

Thanks John. That’s really helpful :blush:

Why are you spelling it this way? Genuine question as I’ve seen it a few times and it just doesn’t look right.

Linguistic aberration :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I understood how you came to that spelling!