Carnet de Maternite - Still used or not?

After my last pregnancy was in France but with the agreement of the UK EHIC & E112 form I thought this time it would be interesting to see what the difference is as we are now registered with French Social Security and I wondered what mound of paperwork I have ahead of me.

So today I had the 4month check up with the Sage Femme at the local hospital & duly presented my Carnet de Maternite which has a load of feuilles (bits of paper) one for each monthly check up for the Dr to complete. The Midwife looked at me strangely and said oh I haven't seen one of these for a while.

Does that mean they are not used any more? If so why did the RSI send it to me with a letter saying I have to send each one completed back to them? Or does she not normally see pregnant women? Confused! Anyway she filled it in & gave it back to me & I'm supposed to send it off but I don't know why?!?

Let's see what happens when the OH is supposed to use his for his fathers check up next month!

Also tried to find some maternity shorts today in preparation for hot sunny weather (yes I am expecting this rain to go away soon), it appears pregnant women are not supposed to wear shorts. I have found lots of great linen skirts & trousers via the mother & baby shops on my site www.UK4Me.co.uk but no shorts. I tried locally today in our nearest big town & none in my size or they were horrible & shouldn't be worn pregnant or not!

If you know any shops selling decent maternity shorts please do let me know, especially if they offer delivery overseas!

I’ve just been to the Medecin Generaliste today with hubbie for his complementary 4month check up (as part of the Carnet de Sante Le Papa gets a weighing, blood tests, the usual heart, breathing, pulse check up etc) we were actually 2 months late going as I’m 6m now but eventually I dragged him there. Anyway I asked the Medecin about the Carnet & she said it’s a new thing being introduced by RSI and this is the second one she’s had recently. Apparently the Feuille de Soins inside the Carnet replace the traditional Feuille de Soins. So now I know! I’d better get the last one from the hospital filled in then as I forgot to give it to the midwife last Friday!

I was part of CPAM and was never given a Carnet de Maternite, although I read about it, expected to get one, but never did… I think perhaps they are not bothered with any longer and now the hospital simply keeps all your notes.

possibly as we were (and indeed are ) part of CPAM

I think the Carnet de Maternite only comes from RSI, so if you were an employee you may not have had it?

I had 2 pregnancies in France in 2004 and 2006 and have never heard of the carnet de maternite… all my notes were kept by the maternite where I was suivi(d)

I didn’t get my carnet de maternite until 3 days before Livi was born - my doctor didn’t really know what to do with it as ‘we don’t usually have to fill these in’ …