Carte de sejour info

Hi! Can anyone give me pointers or info about the Carte de sejour? Do i have to go to Paris for appt? Who do i set appt with…?? I’ve been here 2 months and know i need to get it done. What documents do they require??

Meghan there is reams and reams on this forum… simply use the Search engine…

Anyway… here is the French Govt site… click on the bits that apply to you… and … off you go…

http://accueil-etrangers.gouv.fr/demande-de-titre-de-sejour/

1 Like

And if you are English then you don’t need to get to done at all as you have the right to be in France as you are an European. There is much discussion about it changing because of Brexit, and some people are getting them just in case. But there is no absolute requirement to do so right now.

Thank u so much! I’m still trying to figure out this site so I truly appreciate ur help!!!:grin:

I’m from america-California🇺🇸

Then don’t you have a long stay visa instead?

Yes i do…but it’s only good for a year. I was told by online research that I needed to apply for the Carte de Sejour. Do i not need to?

I’m not familiar with the procedure, but I think you should have been given a form with your visa that you have to send in, with a copy of the appropriate passport pages, during the first 3 months of your stay. And then you’ll be sent details of the next step.

It’s in the link Stella provided, so check out the bit that applies to you. I think it’s this bit…

Dès votre arrivée en France, vous devez envoyer par courrier simple à la direction de l’Ofii de votre domicile :

le formulaire de demande d’attestation Ofii, après l’avoir rempli (ce formulaire vous a été remis par l’ambassade ou le consulat dans votre pays),
et la copie des pages de votre passeport où figurent les informations sur votre identité et votre entrée en France ou dans un autre pays de l’espace Schengen (cachet de la police).
À réception de ces documents, la direction de l’Ofii enregistre votre dossier et vous adresse (par lettre simple) une attestation de dépôt de dossier à l’adresse que vous avez indiquée sur le formulaire.

Vous êtes ensuite convoqué (par lettre simple) à la direction de l’Ofii, afin de passer une visite médicale et une visite d’accueil si nécessaire, selon le motif de votre séjour.

Lors de votre convocation à l’Ofii, vous devez présenter :

votre passeport avec votre visa,
un justificatif de votre domicile en France (quittance de loyer, bail, facture d’eau, d’électricité, attestation d’hébergement, etc.),
une photo d’identité,
des timbres fiscaux papier ou des timbres fiscaux dématérialisés avec le justificatif du paiement en ligne (d’un montant variable suivant la mention de votre visa),
et, selon le cas, le certificat précisant que vous avez déjà passé dans votre pays la visite médicale auprès d’un médecin agréé de l’Ofii.

I never received a form… my hubby is on vaca time now so hopefully we will figure it all out soon!! Thank u for ur help!!:grin: