Carte European

Default price now seems to be €200 with €50 in some special cases. Where has this work of fiction come from? The card that would have (and still might) been issued in the event of a no deal Brexit was going to have a fee of €119, in the case of a deal it will be free.

The link I posted points to the legislation passed and published in December 2019. Not a work of fiction.

I would add that that link is present on the corresponding page of the Prefecture du Puy de Dome. As I mentioned, I haven’t drilled down through the various articles referred to in that legislation, to see whether, and if so, that has changed anything with regard to Brexit.

It would be good if the length of validity were equal as well.

For example L.313-8 CESEDA, for which the fee would be 50 EUR, relates to researchers or students who have finished their studies or research in France and who are seeking employment or creating a business in France.

The reduced fees are specific exceptions to the general fee of 200 EUR:

L.313-9 CESEDA covers “au pairs” titres de séjour.
L. 313-11 (1) non-French people resident under “private and family life” residency permits.
L. 313-11 (9) non-French people resident and benefitting from work accident related pensions paid by a French organisation.
L. 313-23 non-dom seasonal workers
L. 317-1 non-French resident pensioners with a French pension (exonerated from payment)

And FWIW, Art. 5 of the Decree 2019-76 du 6 février 2019 which refers to payment of the fee mentioned in L. 311-13 CESEDA:

La première délivrance des titres de séjour délivrés aux ressortissants britanniques et aux membres de leur famille dans les conditions fixées par le présent chapitre donne lieu à la perception de la taxe prévue à l’article L. 311-13 du code de l’entrée et du séjour des étrangers et du droit d’asile, dont le montant est fixé par décret entre les montants figurant dans la dernière phrase du premier alinéa du A du même article.
Leur renouvellement et la fourniture de duplicatas donnent lieu à la perception de la taxe dans les conditions de droit commun fixées au B du même article, y compris pour l’accès à la carte de résident dans les conditions prévues aux II et IV de l’article 3.

I really can’t believe your replies. None of those cover the topic that has been being discussed, the cards that will be required by British Citizens who are already resident in France before the end of the transition period.
Are you a politician? You certainly have the knock of how to give the answer to the wrong quest with authority.
The prices I gave earlier are the relevant ones. €200 and €50>are as irrelevant as they are confusing.

And finally, this:
2019-264 du 2 avril 2019 pris pour l’application de l’ordonnance n° 2019-76 du 6 février 2019 under Article 12

Really? So the email from the Ministry of the Interior and the up to date information from RIFT can be disregarded because you know better. I really hope too many people don5 follow your advice, that’s how rumours start.

The point being that the website for the Prefecture du Puy de Dome points out changes in fee structure for non-French residency permits, as enacted by a law. The law I referred to is the Loi de Finances 2020. Laws trump decrees in the legal hierarchy, yet it is the decree from last year that specified the cost that would be paid for British nationals in France. It seems to me that the Loi de Finances as promulgated has forgotten about that little decree from April 2019. An oversight, one would hope.

And no I’m not a politician.

1 Like

some of the info being bandied about… was (perhaps) correct at that time (way back), but things have moved on and gouv.fr lays it out quite clearly on its Brexit pages …which, as I have reported from what I gleaned recently, will be updated after 30/01/2020 passes…or, just maybe, after the EU votes on 28/01/2020.

At the moment the Frgovt does not even know what wording to put on the CdS being issued those already here at the date (whether or not to distinguish such folk from other “non-europeans”)… much is up in the air.

checkout the online service for CdS… :wink:

@Stella

Hot off the press.

Do you have a link to this website?

Thank you Dan for posting that…
Look at the thread I started earlier, I’ve already posted it.
It’s exactly what I said above. :slight_smile:

Seems our rights weren’t completely settled in the WA after all -

As I understood it, the right of onward movement has been discussed and decided. We don’t get it. End of. The EU has been generous but there are limits.
I worry that campaigns like this are moving onto the Special Snowflake stage now, and I don’t think it’s going to endear them to Barnier.

1 Like

That was my understanding too but the ‘settled status’ given to EU migrants in the UK seems to imply that they can come and go at will within certain time periods so I guess it’s only fair that Brits living in the EU should get the same rights.

But EU migrants in the UK will still be EU citizens, hence they will have all the rights that every EU citizen has. Why would they lose any rights?
UK citizens in France will no longer be EU citizens, so why do they expect to continue to enjoy all the same rights?
There may even be some who voted Brexit. It would be ironic to foist rights on them that they fought, and won, the right to lose :wink:
Most Brits in the EU are or eventually will be in a position to take the nationality of their country of residence. Then they’ll have full EU rights again.

Anna, I meant they could go back and forth to the UK without hindrance whilst having the same rights as a UK citizen as regards access to healthcare etc.

Am I confused again? I thought the issue was onward movement.
We can go back and forth between the UK and France without hindrance without losing any rights can’t we, as long as we’re not absent for 2 or is it 5 years?