Carte grise for a 50cc, help!

Days before lockdown we picked up a scooter for the teen. It was a fixer upper and dh and ds got it to the point it was all but going then the teen ride it with no oil and stuffed it up. We attempted at the time to register but there was a problem as AXA couldn’t give proof that dh had been insured for his 125 years ago and ds didn’t have his BSR (licence to ride a 50cc from 14) so couldn’t insure to then get the. CG. Between money / nightmare kid we decided was not safe for him.to do his licence and thought it would never get on the road. There has now all changed and he is in a programme where they are going to pay for his BSR and help get his bike onn the road.

Problem is the CG. We haven’t swapped it, it was 3 years ago we bought the bike, how on earth do we go about getting it sorted??? You need insurance to get a CG. You need a licence to get the insurance, dh can’t prove he had used a bike on his UK licence, but insured here for a couple of years when he had a bike. Louis hasn’t yet got his BSR. To get it on the road it needs repairs and new tyres. I don’t want to spend that money if it has to be scrapped. Wish Mark R was still here. I don’t use FB, if anyone has his number or email please PM me.

Any ideas / advice please help!!

1 Like

@toryroo just PM’d you so hope that helps :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

You sound a bit frazzled, so :kissing_heart:.

1 Like

Thanks both :smile:

I have emailed Mark this morning but no reply and it is gmail and my emails often go to junk there. Hope he gets it :sob:

Very pleased when I got home at 7 tonight Mark had written this morning. Sounds like it is possible , so pleased!

5 Likes