Carte vitale documents

In the hands of a craftsman used to working within very fine tolerances, and with a craftsman’s mastery of his tools and materials: and sawing at his own gnarled and calloused dooks, can’t argue Bob. :rofl:

1 Like

We’re off to a rdv with cpam tomorrow and I just went through the checklist again and it says a copie de l’acte de naissance plurilingue (avec filiation) I didn’t think I needed a translation and it’s too late now. Any idea if they’ll insist on this?

It’s possible. They may also want the birth certificate to be less than 3 months old.

If they insist on a translation I can recommend someone who does it all by email and post. He translated my marriage cert recently.

1 Like

They did not when we were first here… but that was so long ago… things may have changed… no point in worrying… give it a whirl.

Ours were originals from the year dot… without translations… This is only CPAM… not the CdS ??? just wondering…

1 Like

Also when they ask for all foreign resources does that mean pension, rental income and savings. We have copies of our pension statements. Many thanks

Yes, take everything, but if the pension meets the threshold then just give them that unless they ask for more.

For the birth certificate etc they are in fact no longer allowed to ask for translations of european documents, but no point in telling them that if they want it! What we did was to type out a translation in an official looking way, and that seemed to satisfy. I had taken along a copy of my birth certificate, plus the original and I had a bit of a battle to hang on to the original. No way I wanted to let that out of my hands! I had to explain several times that for us the birth certificate is an unique piece of paper.

Thanks. No they’re definitely not keeping any official documents. I’ve lost my EHIC card but it’s not legally any use now anyway. We have our private insurance documents.

When we applied for the CV my wife didn’t have a birth certificate because she is African and was born in a pre-independence British Colony where blacks didn’t merit any official registration of their birth, being regarded as a human sub-species by their white masters.

I explained this to the young French woman in CPAM, on much those terms, who processed our applications and she understood fully, smiled at my wife, and endorsed the application as being in full compliance with requirements.

Her card was delivered very quickly afterwards. The French know what pigs the Brits can be to each other, and to foreigners. :hugs::smiley:

2 Likes

So pleased you got an understanding civil servant.
I don’t think any of us who have not been subject to such terrible apartheid can fully understand the racism inflicted to the point that your birth is not worthy of official recognition. Horrendous.

1 Like

Thank you Teresa. Racism, in Europe as in apartheid SA is not experienced as a guillotine blade, it is ‘death by a thousand cuts’ as the great majority of people of colour know in their experience of it on a daily basis still in Europe and the USA.

The notion that it has been conquered is a pipe-dream. It is still widely prevalent but covert. Today’s revelations of the “chimp” tweet by a famous BBC presenter re the birth of Archie is evidence of how far it extends, and what grotesque ends its perpetrators will go to cover it up. I reckon Danny Baker was probably drunk and disinhibited, thinking it would give his football fans a larf.

2 Likes

Danny Baker proved what an idiot he is

He is not an idiot. Idiots can’t help themselves and we can perhaps pity and excuse them.

Danny Baker is a hateful racial bigot who believes it is OK to humiliate and ridicule a young couple and their newborn child to ingratiate himself with the coarse and hateful core of his supporters who share his views, and admire his ‘balls’ in spitting in the face of liberal decency.

The ones who he sees throw bananas at black players with possession of the ball, or jump up and down scratching their armpits and hooting like monkeys when a black player tackled an opponent. The one’s he knows and admires who make black talent feel like giving up the game they love in the country they know as home.

On the evidence, no other reasonable conclusion can be drawn IMO.

I probably should have said proved what a nasty piece of work he is

Alan Sugar as well and he got away with it.

Try being in the passport office in Liverpool with a shortened form birth certificate, the only caucasian there and being denied a passport because I might have been smuggled in from Ireland.
All because I was adopted.

I don’t need to try to put myself in your place, Jane, I am in sympathy with anyone who has been stigmatised and shunned because of the circumstances of their birth or inheritance or unasked-for genetic difference, like you. And me and some members of my family. It is an outrage and you do not deserve it, and to have it brought up over and over again to rub salt into the wounds.

At least we have something in common to account for our spirited comments, even though we occupy different positions on the grid

Have you plotted your position on www.politicalcompass.org?

Economic Left/Right 6.75
Social Libertarian 5.69
A centrist, which doesn’t come as any surprise to me.

Economic left/right -5.0
Social libertarian/authoritarian -5.28

Yay, I’m very proud of this.

We both obviously share a dislike of extremism of any kind.
Unfortunately, we are seeing far too much of it at the moment.

Via an enema? Seems a bit drastic for a splinter!

1 Like