Carte Vitale Help!

David, we both got our carte vitales from Macon, but had no trouble. It does seem to be a matter of luck on which official you deal with. I know that this should not be the case, but it often is.

I had trouble with the CPAM in Chalon, which is where mist if the decisions for immigrants are made, as I wanted to go to UK for treatment I could not find in France. I decided not to use SOLVIT as I was being denied my rights solely because I was a British retiree within the French system. They totally misunderstood the EU Regulations and so I escalated it to the DoH in London and my British MEP. It took two years but eventually they admitted that they were wrong. No apology, of course.

It should take a out six weeks for SOLVIT to get thus sorted out.

Whereabout are you near Macon? We live between Cluny and Charolles.

Funnily enough its the CPAM in Macon that are being needlessly officious. I have contacted SOLVIT and they are in agreement that translations are unnecessary and that they should accept BC's as they are. I have made an official complaint through them and shall wait and see the outcome.

These people are being needlessly official, to justify their existence. Wen had none of these problems in southern burgundy. Please follow the useful links. Good luck.

John Dislins www.pleasehelp.fr John is phenominal trust in him, his record carte vitale is 3 weeks

The best way round this is to go in person to CPAM. If you get no joy from the person at the desk, ask to see the supervisor/manager. They will ask why, but simply say you are not satisfied.

Nicole - looks like it is 9,611€ - take a look at this link. You're income will be assessed after submission of your application by your local CPAM.

http://www.ameli.fr/assures/soins-et-remboursements/cmu-et-complementaires-sante/la-cmu-de-base-n-existe-plus/l-affiliation-sur-critere-de-residence.php

This is fabulous news! I'm onto it already. Just wondering - the list of documents to send in does not include anything about income. So how are they going to assess your contributions? Also, I thought the allowance was 9,601€? (Old pernickety here but if I'm out on that one, I'll amend it in my documentation.)

I have used my CV at least three times since 1st Jan and it has been ok, does that mean that we will be ok or is it likely to happen even now? We are in 52

It's at the top of USEFUL LINKS/TRANSLATIONS

Yep, just wait for the first announcement telling you the charge is 6c a minute and then the instructions are in English. Just hold for an English-speaking advisor. Good luck!

0811 363646 I'm in 29 and was given this number which I think in national

Hi Nicole

Can you let me have the English-speaking number for CPAM?

Thanks!

I am an AE, so in the French system, so even recipients of pensions who are still 'working' as I am will have no problem. Now for them to sort that out... Two different statuses is not going to help them one little bit.

As an EU citizen, you have automatic rights to join the CMU after only 3 months of stable residence in France - a lot has changed recently and new legislation came into effect on 01 January 2016 (as David has said above) - essentially simplifying the whole process - that is if you are a bona fide resident e.g. proof of your tax returns, income, bills etc. If you are not working and therefore not paying and social security contributions if France, your quarterly contributions will be assessed and set according to any income you have over 9,611 € pa (as per 2016). Naturally, when you are in receipt of a UK State pension - you will be issued with an S1 which will negate the need for any contributions from you.

This link will give you all the info you need:
http://www.ameli.fr/assures/soins-et-remboursements/cmu-et-compleme...

And this one will give you the brand new application form for affiliation:
http://www.ameli.fr/fileadmin/user_upload/formulaires/735.cnamts.pdf

There seems to be a new problem from 1 January 2016. I had my CV declined in Friday so I went to my CPAM today. Normally they don't see anybody without a pre arranged appointment after 10 am (this info not on their website). I had become concerned because I know at least five retired Brits in my village alone were similarly with blocked cards. It seems that with effect from 1 January all retired EU citizens in France must appply for anew CV. You need to go to your CPAM office (before 10am in our case) and explain the situation. They will take your card and arrange for you to be furnished with a new paper attestation which will give you the cover. They will also arrange for you to be sent a new application for a card and you will need to fill that and submit with a photo for eventual return to you. I guess this will take some time as it must affect many thousands of people, not just Brits apparently. Meantime you may experience problems paying for treatment, operations, etc especially if you don't have the paper attestation. The whole thing appears to be something of a farce. Just imagine what would happen if there is a Brexit.

Go to the top of the page here, go to 'Useful links' then I think it is official links, anyway words to that effect, anyway you will find your way to the EU site and failing that SOLVIT and get what you need.

Brian could you give me the link to the parliamentary draft in French because lo and behold CPAM now want the documents translated into French !

It has been in the 'pipeline' for several years. There is no actual date but the little man/woman with the rubber stamp is flitting around all the other bearers of rubber stamps with the possibility of April. I have used the parliamentary drafts, in French of course, to totally upset bureaucrats for several years and keep up to date so that I am always one leap ahead, which often proves to be the administrative equivalent of light years - which they do not like, but are also reluctant to take chances ignoring.

I think that is an EU directive that is imminently being brought in. Bet it takes a while to filter down to the people in the CPAM offices though! :)

If birth certs etc are in English (or are international), translation is not necessary - my own recent experience.