Carte Vitale plus 2nd proof of identity?

Yes, we had our local Notary prepare notarised copies of our passports. Always accepted without question. These days we use our CdeS, but those notarised copies are still there if we need them!

1 Like

Good idea! I shall try that route…

1 Like

Say that to a young, black man who live in St Dennis and you might get a dusty answer! Our Algerian friends - who are hugely polite and respectful - have also had negative experiences.

2 Likes

I did say “in general” :wink:

This is something I have always born in mind. If you commit an offence, however minor, you cannot be sure till you have endured the long condescending lecture, whether or not you will be let off with a warning, or booked.

Years ago I was livid (inside) at the 2 policemen who stopped me on a very busy section of the M1 for not wearing a seatbelt. With heavy vehicles thundering by only inches from my car, they insisted that I got out via the driver’s door, inch alongside both vehicles to be put into the back of their car, again via the offside door, to be subjected to the long discourse about how I was endangering myself. :astonished:

I remained calm, polite and attentive. Only when they finished writing the ticket and the die was cast did I let fly with both barrels* as I made my exit, pointedly via the nearside door, to do the same on re-entering my own car.

*Figuratively speaking, of course. :roll_eyes: :laughing:

1 Like

I always have my passport and details of my next of kin with me anywhere I go. We are conjoined or identical twins. You need it in case of emergency and morally we don’t need anyone to tell us to have it with us. It is lifesaver sometimes.

1 Like