A neighbour and I found a comatose cat in the street outside our houses this morning. We assumed it had been hit by a car, but it was not dead. Since neither of us could cope with the thought of leaving a suffering animal to die we took it to the vet.
To our surprise the vet said that it had been poisoned. And the probable culprit was people using permethrin products or other similar stuff to treat their box bushes. Who knew?
Anyway he thinks the cat can be saved, so that’s good news. The bill is not likely to be quite such good news, but we’ll deal with it. Especially as the person we think feeds this cat seems to have phoned the vets earlier but put the phone down when she was told that the person bringing the cat in has to pay the bill!! Human kindness, eh?
Anyway, do please be careful about permethrin products near cats.