Catering for a BBQ

Nothing is a problem if you can afford it and if you can find it.
Lets get down to the real nitty gritty was a recording by Shirely Ellis…great
sound.

Hi everyone thank you for your replies. Unfortu ately problem with wifi hense delay in responding.

Just to say the wedding is to be in Margueron 33220 Sept 2018.

It is to be held outside. The marquee, tables and chairs , posh loos, celebrante, transport all sorted and deposits paid BUT not the food.

The couple do not want the usual sit down 5 course wedding fare. They would like informal, to include a bbq.

They met with a lovely young chef 3 weeks ago who made copious notes, who offered all they wanted BUT 3 weeks later still no devis. They have phoned and emailed but nothing.

I have looked on google but i can find nothing comparable for the area.
They would like someone who can speak English as their French is very limited.

This is why i have posted. Thank you.

Get Outlook for Androidhttps://aka.ms/ghei36

2 Likes

There are 100 results for Caterers in the Margueron area… it might be an idea to check them out…

the site gives a map to show proximity, name/address/phone number There are some of them who will certainly speak English… and even the French ones may well be able to surprise you… :relaxed:

www.pagesjaunes.fr/carte/recherche?quoiqui=traiteurs&ou=Margueron&proximite=1&quoiQuiInterprete=traiteurs&contexte=UCIugjVLzOPtOU4eLG97fA%3D%3D&idOu=L03326900

Well I am not that far from Margueron and there are not 100s of caterers there!

I will see who or what I can find in the way of help.
I will ask some questions if I may so can I have your e mail address etc.

Barbara… Yellow Pages says there are 100 Traiteurs in the Margueron area… not me…

“100 résultats à proximité : traiteurs à Margueron et ses environs”

https://www.pagesjaunes.fr/annuaire/chercherlespros?quoiqui=traiteurs&ou=Margueron&idOu=L03326900&contexte=UCIugjVLzOPtOU4eLG97fA%3D%3D&proximite=1&quoiQuiInterprete=traiteurs&carte=0

the site above offers 5 pages…

1 Like

Yes…
I did not say that you said it…but I think that the bride wants to arrange everything and
she wants to speak in English.
So I will scout around my contacts.
Everything else is arranged…
Except…perhaps music?

well, while you are scouting around… why not speak with the Traiteurs who are obviously not French (their names give a clue)…I think it is very kind of you to offer to help… but please, don’t disregard the wide variety of Professional Caterers who are available in the area…:blush:

Yes I know of them one lives down the road.

That’s great… only 99 to go…

Hi Barbara email itsjetset@hotmail.com thank you.

Hi, I hope I am not stepping on anyone’s toes but have you tried Matthew Forester. Matthew and Katy live in our village just down the road from you . They catered 23 weddings last summer. They have a website http://lovageandpumpernickel.com.

2 Likes

Nice website Daniel but as usual out of date, why is in France websites are either non existent or out of date?

In general I find the French websites that I deal with to be first class. In this case perhaps the problem is simply that it’s British owners have failed to keep it up,to date.

What don you mean by his web site being out of date?

Mathew is another fairly local chef.

Very interesting website with a great deal going on…

Thank you Daniel - we are waiting for a reply .

Thank you David but why is the website out of date - it looks great, very proffessional.

We have been waiting to hear from Matthew. Any other suggestions please.

Hi David. Have looked on google but can only see that they are a butcher. Cant find any info on hog roasts etc. Do you have any other info please?

Interesting…because I had a feeling that he was the young man who contacted you/
it is a funny old world where people only respond when it suits them.
I asked you several questions…you have not yet come back to me.

They are a shop in the next village…and perhaps they also do hog roasts.