CdS and lost passports

So, I moved to France last June from the UK for a job in Marseille, and with all the brexit shenanigans, I thought I would apply for a CdS. That was probably premature from what I have read, but anyhow I digress.

During my 3rd visit to the Marseille prefectural annex to apply for my CdS (back in October), I lost my British passport. I have since replaced it.

The recipisee mentions that it is only valid with the passport that I lost. Great! As I have not yet received my CdS, can anyone tell me if it is linked to the passport named in the application, or even if I need to present the original passport to collect the CdS?

From what I understand, I’ll probably need to reapply for something in 2021.

Thanks,

Tim

From what I remember, the paper process involved checking the passport against the photocopies you provided when you applied. If that has since changed, then it is likely to represent a hiccup in the process, always assuming that the Prefecture can even be bothered to process your current application given the impending “get-it-done” deadline, and will decide instead just to wait for you to re-apply online.

I was considering to reapply online, but my concern is always that reapplying online will cause an administrative double up and throw a spanner in the works. Given what you said about the passport, I probably should.

What’s the general opinion, is it worth applying for a CdS now, or best to wait until after the get it done deadline?

Thanks,

Why not ask the préfecture?

So,

I have been in contact once already with the Prefecture after I lost the passport to see if it had been handed in. The Annex for migrants and immigration has a phone number for public enquiries, but I was informed by the switchboard that no one answers that phone (and it indeed that was the case), and that I would have to go there in person. I did twice, the second time to queue at 6:30 am to get to guichet in time. I don’t really want to go back.

I looked for an email address, but to no avail.

Tim

Ah… I just found an email address.

1 Like

So,

The dreaded so-meme has landed on the pristine, unsullied verdure of SF.

It was, as I predicted two years ago or thereabouts, bound to happen.

So,

We’re going to have to get used to it.

So predictable!

So,

Did I forget to thank you for having me on the forum? Very lax of me.

So,

“Thank you for having me”. :angry:

So, what’s the big deal @Peter_Goble ? The way language evolves is just so, as you well know… you cheeky so-and-so! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

So,

So you want me to say I’m so, so sorry?

So’d that for a bunch of soppy solipsistic sophistries, Tracey @Anglozone :hugs:

So long! :joy:

1 Like

Soooo Sad ! :joy:

2 Likes

I so don’t think you should have sown this seed, Peter.

2 Likes

Sew its seams. :thinking:

1 Like

If the word so is being used in context, rather than punctuation I don’t think it matters

Amen to that, or rather “so be it?” :wink:

3 Likes

I’m very much aux pinceaux :joy:. Geddit?

Thanks for your help @RicePudding and @anon27586881.

@Peter_Goble ROFL. This brings me much joy. The thought that you spend your time critiquing English use in informal forum posts.

TTFN

2 Likes

The joy, believe me Tim, is mutual. At my age my time is very probably limited, so I might as well spend it having a bit of harmless fun, whaddyasay?

TTFN 2u2 :hugs::stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Talking about deadlines, I ask at the Mairie today about the date scheduled for the next mayoral elections, and in particular whether I would be eligible to vote.

With a cruel smile playing on her lips, she replied crisply by saying that after 31 janvier rien n’est garanti. :thinking::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::fr::ballot_box_with_check:

Well you must have known that!

2 Likes