CdSejour On-line Portal, Info & Flow Chart 19 October '20 onwards

John, your wife could reply to that email, explain that due to travel reasons she would like to have her appointment at the same time as yours to save making the trip twice and give your application number. You need to do it in French - if you can’t manage DeepL is very good fro translating (keep your sentences short though!).

1 Like

Hi could I ask how long your cards are valid for? Is it just 5 or 10 year cards being issued?

5 years if you have lived her less than 5 years. 10 years if you have lived her more than 5 years or are applying as the partner of a French national.

1 Like

Any news on the WA CdS application date being extended? Is it official?

No no news, everything still saying the 30th June :scream:

Must say, I’ve not seen any compelling argument to extend the Application Deadline…

On the other hand, delaying the October date when cards should be in one’s hands… that would seem like a good idea as so many areas might well be struggling to meet demand (I reckon).

1 Like

I agree exactly with Stella there - I think the Prefectures will struggle to manage to get cards out by 1st October

and have they started the card date from the date of application ?

My card date expires 10 years after my interview/the card was printed/delivered to me… in my hot little hand…

I applied in 2019, but got my appointment for fingerprints in 2020 and a short while later, the card itself… so it bears the expiry date in 2030…

So that’s it. July 1st. Complete confusion as to whether you can still apply for a WA CDS or whether if you’ve not done so you’ve missed the chance. Some prefectures say yes, some say nothing, no word from the ministry of the interior, and the British embassy say no. I wonder if today will bring any clarity to the issue.

Time to get the popcorn and pull up a chair…

The British Embassy and any relevant departments of UK Govt prob needed to dismantle any project teams for this on 30th June? I imagine that was their date for disinvestment.

Everything I’ve read is clearly saying no (unless of course it changed this morning!). British Embassy says no, the help groups say “ As of 23h00 Wednesday evening, there has still been no official announcement about an extension of the WARP application deadline. Please continue to operate with the assumption that the application website will close at midnight tonight. We will update this information if or when we receive something to report.”

What amused me slightly was a John Henley piece in the Guardian yesterday trying to big up the confusion - which he had a lot to do with starting in the first place!

One prefecture unilaterally decided to extend…which was picked up and reported by the Local having “fact checked” with an anonymous source at the Ministry (? a cleaner maybe? The Local are not renowned for accuracy). And then picked up by the Guardian (I think there is some human link between John Henley and The Local). And so it escalated.

Nobody with any authority has confirmed this at any point, so people should have been wary of believing it.

2 Likes

With such a straight-forward Application system… I can’t imagine why anyone would wait to see if a deadline might be extended, before Applying.

2 Likes

The WARP application website is still promoting the original dates:

“British nationals residing in France or coming to settle there before 31 December 2020 must apply for a residence permit online on this site before 1 July 2021.”

1 Like

thelocal printed something yesterday. It didn’t nearly go far enough towards a retraction of their previous article announcing the extension. They cast only a very small amount of doubt on their earlier article.

What they should have done was what they normally do. Update the original article and put a Stop Press paragraph in red at the top stating new reports were leading to some doubt and particularly as no new decret confirming an extension had been published yet. So given the potential consequences everyone was advised to follow British Embassy advice and submit an application, even with missing documents, by 2359CET Wednesday 30th June at the latest.

This has undone a lot of good work done by thelocal in the past year. I think it will lead to my cancelling my subscription at some point whereas previously I might not have thought about this. On something as crucial as this for Brits they failed journalistic standards.

“The deadline for applying for a new residence status was 30 June 2021. You can still apply online and you must say why your application is late. You should apply as soon as possible - do not delay.”

Quite frankly… anyone who’s been “watching and waiting” before Applying… they’re being given such a helping hand by France that they would be nuts to wait any longer…

2 Likes

It looks as if applications will now be accepted up to 30 September 2021:

1 Like

Now that’s much more sensible! So people with good reason to be late can still make an application…ie the sick, elderly, demented, isolated etc etc.

https://www.thelocal.fr/20210701/brits-in-france-given-extra-three-months-to-apply-for-post-brexit-residency/

This means if any of us finds anyone who hasn’t applied we really must help them.
I’ve asked the few British people I know in France and everyone has applied.

It wasn’t that easy, though, @Stella I personally found it daunting even though my work is computers. There are all sorts of reasons why someone might find it hard to get this done.