CdSejour On-line Portal, Info & Flow Chart 19 October '20 onwards

This couple have deliberately flouted the law in order to get round the 90/180 Schenegen rules that come into effect on the 1st of January and have no intention of making France their permanent home.

I’m somewhat conflicted, I’m aware of what they’re doing and am not happy about it but as they’re longstanding clients I can’t decide whether to quit or just accept the situation.

Well put Micheal! I totally agree.

Absolutely!

Yes, no problem. But this is not the case for many of the people that have submitted applications…

I would humbly suggest a softly softly approach involving no further heartburn until next spring, when you could make a friendly enquiry about how their French tax return is progressing.
Then either they’ll have proved themselves worthy, or are ripe for the book to be thrown at them.
Yours,
Supergrass

3 Likes

I’ve just got my appointment for Chartres, Eure-et-Loir prefecture - I applied the first day the site was open.
No additional paperwork required, just turn up with my passport, a photo, and all my fingers :slight_smile:

5 Likes

As another example of how farcical the CdS application is my holiday home client told me today that when he turned up for the Prefecture rdv yesterday the fingerprint machine wasn’t working, rather than being told he had to come back he was informed that fingerprints weren’t important and he’d get his card in a couple of months.

1 Like

They will ,perhaps, have to collect their card in person and have their prints taken then.

No, cards will be posted to them.

I think he might be having you on!

When my wife and I had our RDV because of a slight hand tremor it wasnt possible for one of us to have fingerprints taken
Told it wasnt a problem.
We now have our 10 year CDJ.
Just to qualify further, have been residents for 12 years and have a French tax record for 12 years.

Ha ha… and , if you recall… it took two different machines… and two different clerks to get my fingerprints onto the record… (no letting me off the hook…)

Why do you say that?

Ha ha when we went, they had me use both machines, then big conflab boss was called another conflab, then they told me i had the same peints as someone else? It would appear that it does happen from time to time as the machine uses 5 points to match another 5 points on the finger.

Hi, have checked your previous postings about your ‘client’ so it seems as if, quoting your post, “This couple have deliberately flouted the law” … and with success.

They are not alone Sarah, the application requires so little documentation to be produced that many holiday home owners can easily get a CdS.

A little update from me.

We received our CdS’s on Tuesday :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: after being told that it would take until late Dec / early Jan and even as late as Feb!

I know we are lucky here in the Dordogne as they have put 5 staff on just to deal with the Brexit palaver but considering how many back log applications they had (1,500) I think it is pretty impressive.

Application date - 19/10
2.5 weeks later
Email with RDV - 06/11
RDV - 10/11
Exactly 4 weeks later
CDS in post - 08/12
only about 7 weeks from start to finish! I’m impressed, relieved and very, very happy! If it wasn’t covid I’d probably throw a ‘I’m a permanent resident’ party :rofl: :rofl:

When I think of the hardships friends trying to get the same thing in oz makes me realised how lucky we are. They had literally years of uncertainty and HUGE costs to do it!

6 Likes

We certainly are very, very lucky to be in France. :hugs:

3 Likes

Would someone please advise me? My wife and I obtained our 10 year CdS’s in Oct '18. We applied for these ‘new’ ones on 23/10/20 and got acknowledgements. What happens now regarding timescales / visiting prefecture Perigueux? We each gave fingerprints in Oct '18.

You probably won’t need to do anything, here in 17 existing CdS holders are being sent their new cards without having to go to the Prefecture.

No-one can give you a definitive answer. You could be dealt with quickly and get an appointment in a matter of days, or it could take a lot longer. They might just send out your new ones, or they might not. So may you will have to go to an appointment, or maybe you won’t.

Each préfecture has slightly different protocols, and each fonctionnaire within that préfecture may well interpret the protocol slightly differently.

It seems Perigueux could be one of the speedier ones as they have extra support. Just hope they don’t all go off sick with Covid.