CdSejour On-line Portal, Info & Flow Chart 19 October '20 onwards

I suspect they have broken the law - they have knowingly lied to the authorities in regards to not actually being resident in France. I hope they get caught.

1 Like

They don’t declare the income here or in the UK.

My CDS arrived today but not OHs…she’s not happy🤣

1 Like

Oohh…I would be sooooo tempted to pick up the ‘phone

4 Likes

I would be very cautious of having them as clients and suspect that their idea of bending the rules will eventually come back to bite them big time.
Do they spend thier time here with a UK registered car or is that another rule they have bent having a french reg car parked up here?
Now that Britain is out of the EU from midnight then thier long stay movements in France will be watched more closely.

No one in Saone-et-Loire has been sent dates.
We have just sent in our forms and received our Attestations.
Friends who sent theirs in on the first day are still waiting for a date.

I’m in Poitou Charentes. I made my application on 19th October and received the attestation later the same day but have heard nothing since. Any other Poitou Charentes residents in the same position?

Yes Brian in the same Dept but nothing heard yet. But no need for us to panic. We have our UE versions so feel confident they’ll get round to us eventually. The attestation is your guarantee that things are progressing.

1 Like

Thanks Graham.
I was just curious if anyone local had heard yet. I am sure the applications are making their slow but steady progress from desk to desk!

1 Like

Nothing in 23 either

They might be progressing nationally, but after the debacle in certain Departements, including my own, regarding the renewal of Attestations for your health, I am not sure how this will progress when it gets down to Prefecture level.

Of course not, why would I? It is so easy by cheque. I always get a couple giving me cash but that is super tedious for me (have to count it, make sure I know who it is from etc) as well as being deontologically dodgy. I never see my pupils’ parents, the children (many of whom are legally adults) do the handing over.

1 Like

Does anybody have any feedback on how applications are going in 53 - Mayenne?

The finger prints will be on a different file.
One would have thought that they could be transferred across, but it seems not.

That’s the second time I’ve had to google deontology, and hopefully it will now stay in my dodgy circuits till the next time it crops up :thinking::roll_eyes:

1 Like

Although this is about as far off-topic it is possible to be and I have no personal use for or interest in hair products, it is a like hearing birdsong in a thunderstorm to read this, compared to the donner und blitzen of Mr G. [with an ‘e’] Pigney’s bizarre rantings.

I was next up at the cashier in the supermarket. The elderly lady in front of me had all sorts of problems with things like vouchers and finding her loyalty card, hidden under impedimenta in her purse - as one does. Fair enough. I’m a patient fellow. Familiar and grateful as I am for PINs and f/p recognition, someone in their mid 80s, 15 years older than me, may well not be.

Then she proceded to pay, by cheque. A major obstacle to this was that the plastic screen in front of the cashier had eliminated any flat surface on which she could lay her chq book. Her shopping was all over the far end of the till.

She tried the conveyor belt. The problem with this was that it would not stop running. The cashier tried all she knew to stop it, with no success. So a rather tragi-comic Buster Keaton-esque fandango ensured where the woman put the chq book down on the far end of the belt and got a couple of letters/digits down, keeping time with the belt, snatching it up before her chq book disappeared under the near end and she had to start again at the far end to continue.

It took some time to get this cheque written.

Ths was why contactless payment - or at least a 4 digit PIN - was invented.

1 Like

hmmm
An ex employee of our - a very clever machine coder per chance - once suggested on a trip in the car going through the Dartford Tunnel (yes, that long ago!) toll booths to aim for the line with the lorries rather than the line of cars as it will be quicker (fewer of them) and it was!
Similarly, using the same maxim, we avoid tills with little old ladies in front with only a few items as opposed to a larger trolley load, since you can guarantee that said little old lady will want to chat to the teller for half an hour about her cat, the weather and everything else in between before getting down to the business of getting her cheque book out, searching through her handbag for her glasses (only to find them on the end of her nose), quill pen, ink and blotting paper :roll_eyes:
So I see where you are coming from Christopher :grin: Bleedin nightmare (emphasis on mare - lol)

First communication from my prefecture today.

Votre demande de titre de séjour a été instruite par la préfecture. Elle porte le numéro suivant : … (numéro «GED» à rappeler dans vos futures démarches).

Voici, à toutes fins utiles, votre numéro AGDREF : …

Nous vous proposons un rendez-vous le [21 janvier 2021] à [10h30] en salle 4 à la préfecture de Préfecture de Police de Paris

5 Likes

Anyone else here in Gironde and, if so, any ideas on timescales they’re working to?