Ceam

My wife and i have just received our carte vitale cards through AE. How do we go about getting a CEAM card as our EHIC cards stopped in Jan.

regards Bill

Courage, ça va se faire ! ;-)

Rsi sounds right,we deal with them with Harmonie mutuelle,,just looking for a starting point,my biggest stumbling block is my failure with the language.Hoping my wifes absence will kickstart me into doing something about it.

regards Bill

yes, Bill, go to the amélie site, rubric mes demandes and ask for your ceam there. If not you need to contact your caisse direct, see previous comments, probably the rsi in your wife's caisse presuming you are listed as ayant droit ;-)

CPAM doesn't deal with auto entrepreneurs or any other self employed people - need to go to their specific caisse - no doubt the RSI.

health provider = your caisse i.e. RSI or CIPAV for most auto entrepreneurs (CPAM is for salaried/employed people. MSA for anything agricultural) or direct to your specific health provider that you designated and who is paid by your caisse (too numerous to mention UTIM, RAM, etc. but not groupama).

I have just noticed that you are early retirees, so I would go to your local CPAM and ask there.

Your EHIC will be issued by the French Health Authorities and not the UK.

Sorry i don`t speak French,but i recognise the word ( ameli )is this where i go.

regards Bill

My wife is the ( autoentrepreneur )she is in the UK at the moment,she is also the one that speaks French ( i am struggling ) not sure what you mean by health provider. we are with Groupama,but i think you mean ( ameli.fr )where we were trying to fill in a form ,but the site is down.

here it is from the horse's mouth:

Au moins 15 jours avant votre départ, demandez votre carte européenne d'assurance maladie (CEAM) à votre caisse d'Assurance Maladie.
La CEAM est individuelle et nominative. Chaque membre de votre famille doit avoir la sienne, y compris les enfants de moins de 16 ans. Aucun document n'est à fournir lors de votre demande.
Les cartes délivrées à compter du 1er juillet 2014 sont valables 2 ans maximum. La durée de validité de votre CEAM ne pourra toutefois pas excéder la durée de vos droits à l'assurance maladie.

En pratique, vous pouvez demander votre CEAM :

• par internet : connectez-vous sur votre compte ameli / rubrique « Mes demandes »,
  • par téléphone : composez le 36 46 (prix d'un appel local sauf surcoût imposé par certains opérateurs),
  • sur place, en vous rendant dans un des points d'accueil de votre caisse d'Assurance Maladie.

Hi Bill,

My wife and i have just received our carte vitale cards through AE

In this case, you (the autoentrepreneur) apply to your health provider for your own CEAM card and/or a card for your wife (as ayant droit).

Eg my provider is RAM. I order my CEAM card via their website (or by post) and it arrives within a few days.

As these cards are valid for one year only, you need to renew them if you travel regularly or might have to at short notice.

I spoke to Newcastle in January,they claimed that i am now on my own,my wifes EHIC was still valid at the time,they told me that would be stopped.We are both early retirees,I believe that i am eligible for the French equivelent being the Ceam card, I will try Newcastle again,but not sure which way to go?

Regards

Bill

Hi Jane

My understanding is if you are covered by a UK S1 and in the French system, the French send acknowledgement to the UK that the SI is registered and then you can renew your EHIC card through the UK.

If you are not covered by an S1 and are in the French system then you need to apply in France.

Weirdly, I just tried to renew online on the official UK EHIC renewal page and it states to renew you must be a UK resident... life is complicated enough! arrgghh.

C.

You now have to renew your EHIC card through the UK. I have taken the following from an e-mail sent to me by Brian Cave, Brian Cave [lefourquet@gmail.com]. Brian runs pensionersdeboutblogspot.com which is always informative and up to date regarding matters of health and registering to vote in UK. I am sure you will find it interesting.

"A correspondent has mailed me to say that the following telephone number is more efficient for renewing that EHIC
0044 191279 0575 - It seems you get to a human being straight away."

We used this number and it seems that we are now re-registered and our cards are on the way, but whether they arrive in time for our visit to UK is debatable.

I wrote to Brian after talking to Newcastle and this a copy of the e-mail I sent. I hope you find it useful.

On 11/03/2015 20:02, Jane Williamson wrote:

Hi Brian,

Thanks for this info on the EHIC. Ours run out on the 15th of this month and we are going to UK on the 23rd.

Of course, these cards are sent out via a third party, just like the voting papers, so they will take longer to reach us.

Of course, this is typical as our travel plans fall in the middle of the EHIC running out and the start of the new system on the 6th April.

This is what we have learnt from the European Health Insurance Card Team.

If you have already applied for an EHIC and you are travelling soon, you are still covered for travel even if you do not have the card with you.

If the EHIC does not arrive before your departure and the need for treatment arises during your visit to an EEA member state or Switzerland, you can apply for a Provisional Replacement Certificate (PRC) from the Department of Works and Pensions by calling 0044 191 218 1999. Then several option 1’s to get to the European Health Insurance Card Team.

You cannot apply for the PRC unless the need for treatment abroad arises.

If you have renewed your EHIC and are travelling soon try asking for an e-mail renewal confirmation from nhsbsa.ehicenquiries@nhsbsa.nhs.uk.

Website www.nhs.uk/ehic

This info may help people like us who need to travel shortly.

Best wishes.

Jane

Brian Cave
le Fourquet, Gourdon, 46300, France

Tel- ++33(0)565 41 42 69
email:- lefourquet@gmail.com
web site:- www.lefourquet.net

http://pensionersdebout.blogspot.com/

-Votes for Britons -http://votes-for-expat-brits.com

Hi Brian,

Thanks for this info on the EHIC. Ours run out on the 15th of this month and we are going to UK on the 23rd.

Of course, these cards are sent out via a third party, just like the voting papers, so they will take longer to reach us.

Of course, this is typical as our travel plans fall in the middle of the EHIC running out and the start of the new system on the 6th April.

This is what we have learnt from the European Health Insurance Card Team.

If you have already applied for an EHIC and you are travelling soon, you are still covered for travel even if you do not have the card with you.

If the EHIC does not arrive before your departure and the need for treatment arises during your visit to an EEA member state or Switzerland, you can apply for a Provisional Replacement Certificate (PRC) from the Department of Works and Pensions by calling 0044 191 218 1999. Then several option 1’s to get to the European Health Insurance Card Team.

You cannot apply for the PRC unless the need for treatment abroad arises.

If you have renewed your EHIC and are travelling soon try asking for an e-mail renewal confirmation from nhsbsa.ehicenquiries@nhsbsa.nhs.uk.

Website www.nhs.uk/ehic

This info may help people like us who need to travel shortly.

Best wishes.

Jane

--