Chalais or La Roche Chalais

Anyone live near either of these. Which area would you choose to live in and why please?
Which has the best Mache? The weather in this area is good at the moment, but how long does this usually last (how long is a piece is string - I know), After many trips to France, this area seams to fit our bill for retirement.

Hello we live near La Roche Chalais. It is convenient for transport links overseas and by road. It is nice to be close to Bordeaux for culture but in the country to escape if you would rather. We have lived in the area for 13 years and Idon’t think one year has been the same as the next with regard to weather. It is warmer than UK in the summer. The weather seems to be hot, cold, wet ,dry not alot in between meaning drizzle undecided grey weather. Lots to do socially if you get out and find it. If you are buying make sure you have good insulation and you will need heating of some kind.

1 Like

BTW your title is a bit confusing I guess you meant Chalais or La Roche Chalais?

1 Like

Always dropping H’s :slight_smile:

When you say ‘which one has the best mache’ do you mean market or lamb’s lettuce? I can see how either would fit.
If it is the market Chalais has one on Mondays and La Roche Chalais’ is on Saturdays. (I have no idea what they are like, duck, fruit & veg and tat probably, like most).

1 Like