Changes in speed limits

Yet again you have to have the last word. Why? My point stands, why write about drinking and driving on a thread about speeding when there is a current thread about that very thing. Black is not and never will be white.

on that note a guy speeding earlier on his phone overtook me and ended up in a ditch. was quite funny actually I pulled over motioned if he was okay he was i held up my phone and went tut tut tut. he didn’t see the funny side of it. I did offer to supply my dash cam footage for his insurance claim he for some reason didn’t want it… Wonder if he’d been drinking too but didn’t get close enough to find out.

I don’t think anyone would disagree Jonathan, However if you lower the limit for no direct gain then it would certainly appear to be a stealth tax. We will have to see if it actually changes anything safety wise and revenue wise.
Like pool security, the deaths went up for a while, haven’t looked at the figures since.

1 Like

How convenient just in time for you to post on the thread, please show at least some of the video.
Any reason why, if you like Sweden and their rules you don’t move there instead? I was there for too long and wouldn’t want to go back.

1 Like

unfortunately due to privacy laws in france it is not possible.

For use in evidence of an accident its legal but to post to public in form of social media its actually against the law as you are posting peoples private property within the feed.

Plus this is the 3rd accident ive seen in the past week on wet roads. one was a car on the auto route just outside toulouse, they had managed to ride their car right up the side up a hill and into a tree, another was on a bend s bend and the car was the wrong way round in the ditch with the people at the side of the road waiting for recovery and police.

quite often outside our house I see people speeding and abusing the solid white line to the point that ive taken to recording them. i was entering a 50 zone on the same trip today to have a pasat fly past me and was out of sight before id gone through the straight road in the village. I drive allot so get to see quite a few traffic violations on a daily basis.

Nothing i like about sweden apart from their zero alcohol laws. I think it should be across the globe is all. if your caught over the limit your car should be confiscated. using the phone 1 month suspension, speeding 1 month suspension (depending the speed loss of car) might sound harsh but harsh rules would soon have people thinking is it really worth it making that call or doing twice the speed and risking everything.

Never involved in an accident in his life but witnessed hundreds.

Who are you addressing ? And can I please remind you of our T&C? The ones about keeping it pleasant…

1 Like

Sarcasm is the lowest form of humour. Can I please remind you of our T&C ? Please keep it pleasant.

1 Like

thanks @cat . yes ive been involved in 4 accidents one was my own fault where I hit black ice on a turning on a country road where i should have known better when i was 22, another we hit a horse on the dual carriageway that left me in intensive care and ended with me having to relearn to write with my right instead of left hand. 2 others were motorbike accidents one left my bike in 3 pieces where a car overtook then braked sharply s he realised why i was going slower too late. left the scene later arrested due to my camera getting his plate. another i flipped my bike out avoiding a fox and took out my clutch and lights. on the right of the bike. Had a few near misses too in my life.

@Aquitaine you ask me to stop commenting on your comments, may I suggest you do the same to mine save you having to resort to low blows on the forums. if you do have an issue please feel free to pm me and we can have a conversation there. i’m always up for discussions rather than bickering on an open forum like children.

1 Like

a.b.c.

Really Catherine, I have never heard that quoted anywhere, It was Oscar
Wilde who said “Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but the highest form
of intelligence”.

Actually I was being Ironic. The coincidence of being right there and we
are discussing speeding. It wasn’t convenient at all because it didn’t
happen.

I would say the same thing if we were at a dinner party, anyway point
taken. Be pleasant :slight_smile:

yes I was there. I was also there when a stupid mobile phone user managed to park his car in our ditch last year, alas i dont have photos of that either but we had to get a farmer to drab his car out of the ditch… Oh no I forgot that didn’t happen either because you were not there to witness it as far as i remember.

I very much doubt you would dare say nasty things to someone who you did not know face to face, I know I would not walk up to a complete stranger and say things that may antagonise a person, because i’m just not that stupid.

Luckily i do not have to prove myself to you or anyone else for that matter. the place it happened is notorious for it and 2 years ago 3 people lost their lives in nearly the same spot. https://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr/occitanie/hautes-pyrenees/trois-morts-dans-un-accident-de-la-route-campuzan-dans-les-hautes-pyrenees-840659.html its notorious for cars coming off the road here becasue of trucks pulling out and spilling loads making the road very slippy and dangerous. the road was closed 7 times last year luckily no fatalities to cars crashing. There has been talk for ages for a camera and the 70 zones they put up are just ignored.

Who are you replying to?

not to you. i am no longer responding to anything you post. please do the same to save me reporting more posts

Indeed John.
Well done for correcting me. Anyone would think that I had little else to do on a Sunday evening other than attempt to dissuade cantankerous posters from escalating an unpleasantly negative thread.

3 Likes

I can see no post that fits your reply. I’m trying to make sense of the thread.

Special patrol cars are being introduced to ensure drivers comply with the 80 kph limits
26168485_10211019645588872_7829680710069101135_n

7 Likes

On Saturday 3rd Feb there are protests planned against the 80KPH limits so expect burning tyres and bad tempers.

@Corona

It’s happening already… today… in some places

So the people protesting about the speed reduction are driving slowly to protest? oh the irony

1 Like