Cheap international calls

I use an app called Libon on my smartphone to call outside France. Normally it’s 4 cents per minute (top up in advance), varies by destination.

I have Orange Zen 10G Go package E55 p/m with internet, TV, house phone (voip free calls europe/US not sure where else as that’s all I use) and mobile (that’s the 10G data but I’m mostly using wifi which doesn’t use the mobile data). With free UK satellite tv (just pay install and box one time charge). for me that’s great considering in US I paid over E200 for that!!!

We’ve been trying to sign up with SFR (apparently there are no lines available in our village at the moment!!) and were told that our package (landline and router for €22 p/m) included unlimited free international calls as well as free calls in France. I was also offered a SIM card for €1 which allowed unlimited calls.

I paid €42.99 pm with orange then moved to their other service called SOSH, it’s €19.99 pm I believe there is a €14.99 pm offer atm for the first -2 months? Haven’t noticed any difference to my service. Home phone and internet. Same inclusive calls as orange. Service is online only but the English speaking helpline changed it over, it was so easy.

Thanks for all your replies. Mike’s and Chris’s answered my query best. I’ll check out Toolani and Localphone.
I get the feeling, as a lot of you seem to live in villages, that your quotes are based on ADSL and not fibre, as I mine is. I couldn’t find the tarifs online, anyway.
I only use my cellphone occasionally, and mostly with the wifi at home, so have a very cheap plan with Leclerc/Reglomobile for 1,50 a month, and don’t even use all the included stuff.
My wife is German and needs a TV bouquet allemand with plenty of German channels. We have 2 TVs and therefore also need a second decodeur. These two things are only on offer on the full Orange tarif (not SOSH) or sfr.
I have seen an offer from sfr for 15 Euros a month, with free French landline calls. We don’t ring abroad much, but then it’s for maybe an hour. Hence the need for an extra provider for this. It’s only valid for a year, but then we could maybe switch back to Orange with another year’s offer. Then back to sfr and so on.
Or has anybody tried haggling a lower price by threatening to change? I used to do this regularly with my provider in Germany.

I also have the Leclerc/Reglo SIM card in an old mobile phone for emergencies. Terrific value and very useful now that public pay phones have practically disappeared.