Cheaper petrol

€1,33/litre for 95 petrol today at Total locally. Can’t remember when petrol was last that cheap, must have been at least five years ago now. More folks will be able to use their cars just for a little outing now and the government should see their coffers fill up a bit more too!

2 Likes

Wow that is cheap, was €1.53 at Leclerc thia morning which I thought was reasonable.

Cheapest I saw today was 1,55, but diesel is €1.80 - whats that all about? Its usually much cheaper than petrol

1 Like

Total garage sold out today in Vire, down to 1,62 for 95 at Carrefour. Diesel still 1,82. Leclerc a bit cheaper but massive queue. Is this a temporary reduction?

1 Like

Total at Perigueux diesel 1.65! Crikey, I thought I will fill up on my way back from the hopital. Forecourt was jam packed on the way back. Today, all sold out :woman_shrugging:
I did see lots of lovely old classic cars in Perigueux. One I have never seen before, looked old time space age in a lovely light blue I think it had a long bonnet or boot?

Same price at Total here… It’s normally the most expensive place in our small town to buy petrol, but today the queue was massive as people were stocking up.

Sounds like new month = new French month of govt policy on petrol station price support?

Not really, it was announced some time ago and talked about at length in the media, just glad it’s finally here (three car family with Big mileage work and school runs!)

On Friday morning the IM near school was 195 then at lunch when I nipped out was 192 then after school when I stopped to fill up was 174 (deisel)! Thank goodness I didn’t stop in the morning :rofl:

1 Like

This morning,Carrefour market-1.99€ lit diesel,Leclerc-1;87€ lit diesel,Total-1;76 lit diesel,think this fuel carry on is causing profiteering big time.

1 Like

Could it possibly be that stocks have to be emptied/sold before the cheaper stuff comes on-line… no idea… just wondering.

Don,t know but Carrefour market and Leclerc both had the notices on the pumps informing us that we were getting a reduction of 30cents per litre from 01 September,more likely that they did the same as last time and put it up 30 cents the week before the reduction came in.

Doubt it was n my case, 3 price changes in one day :rofl:

1 Like

It’s not as simple as I had thought… some gain more than others… and Total is offering over and above the governmental discounts

Filled up in Paris this evening

2 Likes

Oh my nearly 10c less than here! Actually no, hubby paid 1.85 today in Mussidan

SP95 was 1.48 in SuperU today. Cheapest I’ve seen for a long time.

First time in over 50 years that fuel cheaper in France than Luxembourg. Garages very quiet there

In Paris yesterday