Cheapest way to get home

Do a cheap flight over....save money and time...

Southampton > Le Havre, you're fit when you arrive at the port in France and then follow google's simple suggestion but don't forget to have "avoid tolls" checked... ;-) This crossing costs not much more then too Calais, but you need to book early enough.

James, try sharing a ride!!!

Motor sport travel think they are called just Ferrys now, speak to Rita they do a good discount on ferry travel have used them over 20 years with bike car van, Calais Rouen Limoges Toulouse off autoroute using the A20 most is free used to live just north of Tamworth worst part of the journey is from there to Dover a nightmare, Calais onwards nice relaxing traffic free run, even collect it for you , my daughter lives in Nuneaton

if you want a car shipped here(to your doorstep)i would suggest using this site http://www.anyvan.com/ i use them on occasion to have cars delivered to me, hold out for the best bid and you could get it for about 200 - 300

sorry havent read all the replies...but we drive from St Cyp, Languedoc......sometimes try and stay off motorways...ok outside of holiday period.....and LD Lines Dover Calais...often can get a really cheap return crossing.....

CathErine James - tut tut. You know how cross I get about that.... :)

Thanks John, will pre-book if I use that route

Gerald, my life revolves around saving a few Euros! Will look at LD lines

Looking at viamichelin now Catharine thanks

Sorry CathErine, force of habit!

Maybe Sheila, sharing costs would be great

Vehicle will be in Tamworth Sandra

Tunnel was 70 quid Sara, good option but further

Sounds expensive Leigh, I will check the price though

If you go the tunnel just ensure you pre-book as i got stung last week. Normally pre-booked single trip is around £79 or if you don't intend to return to england with the car you could do the day trip return for £44 and not return. I paid £190 (one way) for not pre-booking as i did it in one day from carcassonne and didn't know what time i would arrive.

Drive it. LD lines from Pompey to Le Harvre, you get a good sleep in a cabin, arrive early in the morning, home in the evening. No too much toll motorway, and anyway, if you want the car home pay the dues and stop trying to save a few euros.

www.viamichelin.com lets you calculate alternate routes, tolls, mileage, petrol/gazole, etc.

I suppose it's highly unlikely that there are other members in your region who would want a lift from UK, or need something shipped, and might be willing be pay a contribution towards expenses?

Where is it located in the UK?

Check the tunnel that was cheaper than ferry last time