Check the water restrictions where you live

This article contains a link to a website to check for water usage restrictions.

1 Like

We are in a red crisis area. I stopped watering a couple of weeks ago, plants have to take their chance.
Only wash up once a day in the evening.
Use a cold flannel soaked in water for freshening up rather than showers all the day. Don’t let the tap run for teeth cleaning.
Don’t flush the loo if just for a pee.
I put out a shallow bowl of water for the wild animals and keep it topped up. Apart from that I am not sure what else I can do.
It does make me a bit mad though that some people with holiday homes here have bought those huge above ground pools and filled them.
There are plenty of lakes around for swimming ! :rage::rage:

1 Like

According to that no probs here yet :grin:

1 Like

Hope that ours are soon over, we have just been put on Orange alert for storms and hailstones tonight with high winds. All these colours are making me dizzy :dizzy_face:

Quick link to the map and explanations/restrictions:

http://propluvia.developpement-durable.gouv.fr/propluvia/faces/index.jsp

in French… sorry Mandy, I didn’t realize it was the same thing… … anyway it mentions the restrictions in place until October… :unamused::thinking:

Years ago, I remember a forecaster saying, gloomily, that the UK would take at least 2 years to recover from the drought… and we subsequently had so much rain that we wished the chap had kept silent… :wink:

1 Like

No restrictions here. It’s very rare that we have restrictions as it rains here at lot. Having said that there’s been no rain at all for weeks. Hoping that changes this evening with a big storm - not too close though!! :sweat::cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: