We installed a wood burning ‘insert’ into the previously open fireplace on the ground floor and the appropriate flexi type pipe flue up the existing brick chimney to the roof, with proper ‘hat’ etc two winters ago. On the first floor this passes through our master bedroom, now where baby also sleeps, and provides lovely warmth. It has been swept every autumn.
However, occasionally, such as today, there is a smell of smoke, not very strong but quite acrid in the bedroom and we are worried about effect on baby. It is not enough to irritate our breathing but could it be harmful for her?
We only burn well seasoned wood.
Thanks in advance for any thoughts.