Chocolate digestives

1 cup whole wheat flour, 1 cups rolled oats, 1 tsp baking powder, pinch salt, 1 +1/3 cup dark muscovado sugar, 115g unsalted butter, cold and cubed, 4 or more tbs milk, 100g dark/milk chocolate

1. Preheat oven to 180° C. and line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
  2. Put all of the ingredients except for the milk and chocolate into a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add the milk, bit by bit, and pulse again until the dough starts to clump together. You may need more or less milk.
  3. Gather dough into a ball but don’t handle it too much.
  4. Roll dough out thinly (5mm or less) between two sheets of non-stick baking paper. Firm up in fridge if too sticky to roll. Cut out biscuits and put on baking tray lined with baking paper. Chill 10 minutes till firm.
  5. Bake 12 to 15 minutes till edges are golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes on tray then transfer to a wire rack.
  6. For chocolate digestives, wait until completely cool. Melt chocolate in a bowl over hot water. Spread/drizzle the chocolate on the biscuits.

I used 100g butter (trying not to use it up too quickly) plus some sunflower oil. This gave me 22 nice crunchy and oaty biscuits.

2 Likes

Or McVities will do me. :grin: