Choosing Wine

What’s one of the reasons you chose to live here - would the wine have anything to do with it? It was certainly one of my reasons and I’m fortunate enough to live in Burgundy - probably the wine capital of France, even though it produces less than 4% of France’s wine.
Burgundy wine is renowned the world over and the United Kingdom is one of the largest export markets for the Burgundian producers but how much do you really know about the wine - apart from it’s rather good and rather expensive. A little known fact is that we actually produce more white wine than red here in Burgundy - 61% white, 31% red or rose and 8% cremant. It’s all AOC wine - Appellation d’origine contrôlée and Burgundy produces 100 of the 477 AOC wines (source BIVB) produced in the whole of France. Amazing!

I am lucky enough to be one of the few non-French to be employed in a prestigious wine cave in Vougeot in the Cote d’Or, (here I am).

I also work as an independent tour guide in the region so if anyone would like to know a little bit more about Burgundy or it’s wine, in plain English, please do not hesitate to contact me on

tracy.thurling@pierre-laforest.fr or tracy@burgundybyrequest.com. You can also drop in or phone me at work (Tuesdays and Fridays) on 03 80 62 66 03.

Last but not least, if you would like to buy any wine (especially with the festive season coming up) we can ship wine all over France, to Europe, the United States and Asia.

Bon Sante!

Hi Tracy, I live in Northern Burgundy and operate a gite, I was wondering if you could email me or send me your literature. I have a gite and would like to include your information for my clients. Many thanks, Jacquie

Dribbles…

So do I - the village I live in just happens to be right next to Puligny Montrachet, where, along with Chassagne Montrachet, they held the St Vincent Tournante this year

I love white burgundy. Yum…