Chronopost...what do I do?

I had a box full of my life memories, shipped from Cali almost 4 months ago … Chronopost changed the label on it about 2 weeks ago and has claimed they mailed it back to the US, BUT according to my tracking…it still sits somewhere in france waiting for the new label
Does anyone have suggestions on how i can get my box? Yes, its insured but my postal system cant do anything til Chronopost updates their system with its new label
Feeling frustrated and sad cause this box held my most sentimental things

1 Like

ah Chronopost, who were supposed to deliver a large suitcase and told me they’d put it in my letter box whereas in fact it was sitting in a post office eight miles away.
Ignore what tracking says … you have to phone. I’ve had enough phone calls with Chronopost to find out that when tracking says it’s in Bordeaux, in reality it’s at a local sorting office.
How is your French? Good enough to ring Chronopost? Or send a message on their Twitter account, companies often answer this quicker than they will answer the phone. They also have a Facebook page … again worth posting on there. https://www.facebook.com/chronopost/
Good luck, be persistent. Ring every day … squeaky wheel gets the oil, etc.
I’ve never lost a Chronopost delivery. It’s always come. Eventually. Via the scenic route. Just be persistent. Good luck!

3 Likes

My hubby has called for 3 months…and one minute they r gonna deliver it and the next it will be dropped off at a drop zone…and nothing ever happens.

1 Like

Also, im not on fb or twitter…but i did go onto their site and got an address…do u think if my hubby wrote a letter and we sent it certified we might get the box??? And is there an agency above them i can report to about this problem??

1 Like

Like Sandy, sometimes it has taken time but I’ve always had the parcel delivered in the end. Embarrassingly for one parcel, after about a month I made a fuss about it not arriving (that wasn’t tracked) and pushed the senders into resending my order. Only a book worth a few quid, but it was the principle. They duly resent it and about two weeks after the original one appeared by chronopost.

What I do now is go and talk to my local post office who are generally very helpful about searching for things.

1 Like

No experience of chronopost but hoping you get your delivery…I lost many items of sentimental value during various “upheavals”…mostly photos and my kid’s firsts and my own childhood/school creative writings and drawings…I remember them but it’s not the same as holding my stories in my hands and passing them round a virtual campfire for my kids to read…:x :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thats what this box had!! And photos of my mother who died when i was just 6 (she was 25). Its been almost 4 months since i mailed the box

1 Like

Is there a formal complaints department?

You mentioned earlier that you are not in Facebook nor Twitter - if it would help you case finding the box would it be worth joining briefly? (Then cancelling your accounts when resolved)

Have you visited a Chronopost office with a French speaker to ask the appropriate questions face to face rather than on the phone or webchat?

It may sound a little extreme but as the box is rightly so important can you seek an information request via your rights within GDPR?

1 Like

Thank u Mat! I gave my hubby ur ideas too and hopefully we can get my box home!

1 Like