Citroen Xantia Estate

I am looking for a decent CXE, what are my chances?
I have done a lot of searching online, but no luck so far :slightly_frowning_face:
Maybe you have one or know someone who has one for sale? :crossed_fingers:

maybe @anon90504988 could help?

1 Like

Lacentrale.fr seems to have all sorts of cars. Lots of dealers which might help with the guarantee you’ll get by buying from them.

Seriously though good luck with your search…

1 Like

We have a1998 xantia saloon . it’s been a superbe car and I don’t think we want to sell it . It’s still registered in the UK. I’m just very curious why you’re looking for a xantia estate

Mmmm :thinking:

Just handy for dechet runs etc.

@geoffrey_Croshaw

I think you’ve said you’ve recently moved over here, and you’ve possibly already started the process… but if you want help changing your citroen to French Reg we do have a forum member who can help…

cheers

1 Like

I understand the potential reluctance with RHD - I have one myself but find it nae bother - but if you would consider RHD you will find lots in GB at prices that make importing it well worthwhile - or €0.00 if you get all the ‘docamenti’ done in the right order at the right time.

One of the things I like about my Peugeot 307 SW is that, as the estate version it has extra load space - but when you remove the rear seats, which can be done with a tug on a lanyard and a flip of a clip, you have a capacious car-based van. With the rear seats out the load deck is 2m long.

1 Like

Are you planning on getting it french registered?

A good workhorse.

Yes I bought it in France about 5years ago as a stop gap. I have all the details of the previous owner and prev reg so it should be straightforward hopefully!

1 Like

Blimey Geoff, you have been taking a big chance!
French residents need to register their car (or at least start the process) within a month if it is used on the road.
If it was sold to you by someone else who imported it they are the ones who will need to complete the process. In the meantime there is the matter that a UK registered car needs to be taxed, MOT’d & insured in the UK in order to be used abroad except for the limited time allowed for re-registration in France as obviously a french resident cannot have UK insurance which makes applying for road tax impossible.
French insurance companies can only provide cover for foreign registered cars for a limited time (a very few claim that they can but when the same company agent in other town say they can’t you have to wonder how).

@geoffrey_Croshaw I’m a little lost in all this, but I’m sure you have everything under control.

However, since you’ve said it is UK reg, I must ask the question… did you change the log book/V5 into your name when you bought the vehicle???

If it is a UK reg vehicle, the buyer does not change anything. The seller gives the buyer the ‘buyer’s’ slip and sends the rest of the V5 to DVLA, with the new owner’s details in the ‘sold to/new owner’ box.

Only arrived 5 days ago!

1 Like

Ah, so you bought it here when you were living in the UK & exported it. Now you are bringing it back.
Got it.

Yes, ok… I understand that… sorry for putting things badly

Is it OK to ask @geoffrey_Croshaw if he now has a V5 bearing his own name and UK address ??? since this what I was trying to discover… (phew, time for a red wine methinks…) :roll_eyes: :+1:

bon appetit mes amis…