Classifieds - where do you buy & sell?

We dont buy or sell much, but sometimes use AI. Great idea to set up a classified section, but having a search by department or region would be useful.

The big advantage of Priceminister is that the site deals with the transaction, guarantees payment etc. rather than having to deal directly with the purchasers to arrange a sale. The only thing to watch out for is that Priceminister also decides how much to reimburse you for your postage costs and some categories can be a bit random. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose (mostly the latter, but not by much). just factor in a little extra margin in the price of your item.

I will try PriceMinister, thanks Danielle. Yes I received a reply to my LBC offer last week first stating they were away on business outside of France wanting my details (including asking for bank details as an alternative to deposit payment) and will send me cash?!???! and arrange to collect when they return and then the story changed slightly. I tend to use another French expat site which I will only refer to as AI, purely for classifieds. But you are right Andrew, theirs is regional and it does help matters.

I use Priceminister now because we found that we were being targeting too often by fraudsters using Le Bon Coin. Would like to see an SFN Classifieds section though. I really miss Freecycle also. It looks like there have been attempts to set up groups in France but our nearest one was over an hour away and failed in 2011…Dommage

I use various FB sales and wanted groups local to my area(46), they work very well. I think there is always room for another site but would need to be by region or you can end up getting excited about an item and then finding its 4 hrs away,which is pretty annoying.

Oh yes!! I have put a couple of items on LBC and most recently got some very dubious replies to an item offer. I vote 'yay'.

I've setup a classifieds area, it's very much in it's early stages and I need some of you to login and and post some classified items for sale please! Login is currently only via Facebook, so you'll need a Facebook account to get in there for the time being. Please go here to login http://ads.survivefrance.com

Thanks!

Not any more William, I agree some of those FB groups do work well.

something went wrong when I registered.

Did not receive my e mail!!!!!

Is it in your spam folder?

no James....I always look there!

I went to the classified and when I tried to log in It told me that I did not exist...I am quite vexed...I would like to post an ad for a gite for sale for non English speaking friends of mine (I would take the calls, is this possible?

thanks

dom

It should be but I need to do some more work!

Hi James. I've just done an ad for a guitar which seemed ok when I created it but after posting it the photo has disappeared.

Hi Chris

Apologies for the delay and thanks for trying it out for me. Where did you get your image from, your local machine or some other www location, do you remember? I'm trying to figure out what went wrong.

Thanks

James

James, it was just a pic I'd taken and kept on my iPad. It was absolutely fine when I did the AD but subsequently disappeared.

Good Luck

Thanks, looks fine now.