Commercial Hunting

Morning all,
I am posting this as a new topic as I just realised the thread I was following was more than a year old. I should clarify that I do accept that living in the countryside does mean having to accept hunting; however, having a commercially run shoot next to us makes us feel as if we are living in a war zone!
Our neighbours for the past 27 years are a wealthy family whose children/adolescents have over the years been the cause of aggravation. This was mainly noise related to parties in a barn which, although 500m from us boomed through the night. Their arrival by helicopter and the buzzing of our garden seems to have reduced and is now replaced hunting related noise pollution. They appear to have converted the property into a commercial venture catering for large groups in the summer months and shooting parties at this time of year. Over the years they bought up many fields around the area which they seem to allow to be farmed in the spring and summer but at this time of year they leave areas of maize and release pheasants, which they breed, into the fields for the shooting parties to blast away at. They also have two etangs on the property on which they use jet skis in the summer but now use for hunting duck.
I have just been in our garden with our 5 month old Schnauzer puppy and one hunter was firing his gun no more than 10m from the boundary of our property.
Long story for a simple question; is it legal to discharge a firearm so close to another’s property and can they establish a commercial shoot without consultation with, or the agreement of, their neighbours? We have recently retired after 35 years of globe trotting and was not expecting to be living next to what is in effect a firing range.
Many thanks
Hugh

Hugh… give me a bit of a clue to the location. I am friends with our local “Chasse Police” and can find out who might be able to help with controlling the excesses of your neighbours.

Unless they are notified about problems the “Chasse police” cannot take action (seems reasonable enough) - so a bit more detail and we will see what (if anything) can be done. (send me a Message if you prefer)

Dear Stella,
Many thanks. Our nearest village is Chanoz Chatenay in Ain 01400.
Just very surprised that our neighbours can start a commercial shoot so easily.
Best
Hugh

I’ll make some enquiries during the week.

Incidentally, have you spoken with your Mairie about the neighbour’s activities ???

I had 2 people who were shooting about 50 m away, I took photos.
The mairie said they can’t shot less than 100 m from houses, and he knew the people . If they came back I was suppost to report to the police but after that I haven’t seen anything.