Con Man

Don't apolgise for your English Otto - it's great! And welcome !

Gabi was fascinated by Yvonne's work, she is always making amazing Pictures and collages herself.

Thanks

Eric-Otto has kindly sent me these pics of the Eric-Otto open day. I have labelled them SFN-Eric-Otto-1 etc, which should reach the Google Images pages and be viewable after keying in SFN in the URL bar. Click on the eventual pic and it will go to this page......I think.

Ron Scoop Master Kanobi One

I´m here because I think it´s quite a nice platform, by the way sorry for my English...Thank you Ronald for your Tipps !

Yvonne is really glad that your "youngest" has a really good taste for art ! I think she ´s gonna give an Exhibition in Pezenas, well I´m pusching her!

Hirst-Hockney Spat

I am pleased to say, that I have persuaded Eric Otto to join SFN.

Els's cavases, are, as you can imagine colosal, but viewed from far away or close up, the confidence of each stroke is clear....I think this is fantastic.

There is antithesis, to this very 'draw what you see' notion, and that might be draw 'the whole picture'

and allow the viewer to 'see' the scene. I am talking about the impressionistic style. Whereby facets, much as the eye would capture, are placed on the canvas, but the 'picture' only becomes apparent when viewed from a distance.

I have just done an Article on Els, who is to feature on my Gallery, and who I am trying to persuade to join SFN, I'm hoping that her input may be interesting if you launch your Artists'

group Neil?

@ neil

Good point Neil, we seem to all 'envisage' what we think is there. I've no doubt art training, a practitioner just as yourself, and those like your American Artist, really do 'look' to pair away the extraneous.

I have been following the Hockney Docus, and recently had a mail from a Gallery owner friend ( Emin, Banksey, Blake etc ) who had attended, and was awe inspired.

What is amazing about the artist, who, one assumes doesn't need the money, is still very much ( in his seventies ) on a voyage of discovery.

Dawn Hartshorn

Permalink Reply by Dawn Hartshorn 1 second agoDelete

Good point Neil, we seem to all 'envisage' what we think is there. I've no doubt art training, a practitioner just as yourself, and those like your American Artist, really do 'look' to pair away the extraneous.

I have been following the Hockney Docus, and recently had a mail from a Gallery owner friend ( Emin, Banksey, Blake etc ) who had attended, and was awe inspired.

What is amazing about the artist, who, one assumes doesn't need the money, is still very much ( in his seventies ) on a voyage of discovery.

Definately. There was an artist in America who advocated studying one type of object each day such as the rainwater systems on houses, man hole covers, road lighting, etc. and drawing them. Common objects that we take for granted.

We only concentrate on an area about 4cm square. The rest is filtered out. I think learning to look rather than painting what you think is there is essential to start with, you can then decide how much to put in or leave out.

Hockney is producing brilliant paintings but one of the installations at the exhibition is a wall of 9 screens. He had a team who fitted 9 cameras to a 4 x 4 and they repeatedly drove down a country road covering the seasons of the year. The field of view is about 4 times what our eyes cover and the images fade into each other. The effect, even on television, was mesmerising and forces you to look at the scene.

arrrghh,

Neil. just tried your 'mirror' thing....freaky

@sue

Here's the barn:Gallery

HI Sue, sorry he sprang it on me! But they realy are nice people, well go over on a nice day, and have an Indian in AGde on the way home. They have invitrd us to Hamberg lol. MAddie’s dead keen becase of the Beatles thing! You remember the gallery we were going to buy in ST thieberry? This barn is smaller, but lovely, we could all move in! ha ha. say hi to Brent. bye

Hi Sue, they are here for three months, and have invited us ( and Kevin back ) any time, we'll let you know and make a day of it.

Ron

Fantastic Pics next time maybe I will get to see them. xx

We went to see Eric and Yvonne, they were both lovely, and welcoming, our youngest was fascinated, especially, with Yvonnes collages.