Confirmed Britons will need a carte de sejour!

You are right Vero.
It is a little known gem, missed by all those speeding down to the south coast.
We count ourselves fortunate to have made our home here, as our neighbours are so friendly too.

1 Like

so, After being distracted by health issues, important as they are to some of us,
WHAT about carte de sejours?
We have been here since 2005 never returned, my wifes passport has expired, will a new CdS replace it? cos a new passport UK is invalid?
Why are we so untrustful of Connection, the author of the article seems to have asked all the relevant questions and got answers.

Because The Connexion has been found to be inaccurate in the past. And no, I can’t give an example, my statement being based on hearsay.

Surely your wife will need a new passport for entry into the UK after Brexit ? Also if you plan to go on holiday ‘abroad’ she will need one. I renew my passport without fail when the expiry date arrives. Very useful back up when, as is some cases, two lots of identifications are needed.

My French ‘partner’ carries his Carte d’identite and also has a valid French passport.

As for Carte de sejour I am waiting to see what will happen because it seems that there is no clear evidence of exactly what will be needed after Brexit !

1 Like

It is extremely easy to renew your UK passport, I really can’t imagine why you wouldn’t as a passport is about confirming your nationality and citizenship - nothing to do with where you live. And your passport remains valid after Brexit, even if they do decide to issue blue ones afterwards.

And if you ever want to go anywhere outside France you’ll need one, unless you have taken french nationality and acquired a french passport.

Here’s how to do it - takes about 10 days.

1 Like

Yes Jane, must be easy, I managed to do it! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The cost of a new passport is £105.86, due to brexit fiasco we do not have enough money.
Have to prioritise, so passport comes very low on our lists.
Have no intention of leaving France, will die here.
Old passport still has relevant information, even though the renewal date has gone.
CdS seems an easier option.

Hello Barry

In order to apply for a CdS you will need a valid passport. I believe it’s the first item requested on the document list. You would need to ask your Prefecture if they would accept an out of date passport.

1 Like

Hi Barry… not sure, maybe you had better check… but I think the Passport has to be current (not out of date) to be used as one of the documents to back up a submission for Carte de Sejour

2 Likes

Aha… great minds think alike… :wink::thinking:

2 Likes

I have found this very comprehensive guide. Apologies if it’s already been posted elsewhere.

Good grief… just taken a peek for the red travel bag, to check the dates of our passports … where is it ?? In a safe place… :thinking:

Apparently CPAM have begun to send out letters to retired people telling them that UK is no longer
paying for their health cover and to make plans.

Yes thank you Brexit…….how kind!

1 Like

Another Connexion scare story.

No Tim

1 Like

Here’s the story.

I did not read it in Connexion.

1 Like

Worth noting, thanks Barbara :slightly_smiling_face:

Apologies, another SFN scare story.

I read The Connexion piece and can find nothing to back this up so unless someone can provide a link to something official it’s utter tosh IMO.

1 Like

I hope that it is not true!
But no need to be rude.

1 Like