Confirmed Britons will need a carte de sejour!

I thought that you would be full of good things to say about 2019.

3 out of our 5 rental clients already have weeks booked for next year starting in April, a Parisian lady has asked if we could help her rent out her holiday home for 2019 as she has now got divorced and can’t afford to keep it and we have also been asked if we want to take on another garden starting immediately, we turn down work every month which comes via our website and now that AI has gone tits up I expect more enquiries over the winter. The current rental season doesn’t finish for us until the middle of next month after which we have gardening work, minor building jobs and the closing of pools, we’re then taking the rest of the year off for a holiday and doing jobs at home and start back at the beginning of January to get houses ready for the 2019 rental season which starts with the first pool opening in March.

Brexit, never heard of it.

2 Likes

That"s the spirit, Tim. Keep calm and carry on. No irony intended, none should be inferred. :relaxed:

2 Likes

Ah Brexit may not affect you but it will affect plenty of people.
I never believe the politicians even if there is a link to them.
We finish at the end of next week but there is still lots of work to do.
We begin in April and are booked for the month with groups of
Americans.
After April we are booked for much of the season so to speak as our
new agent has created a very special deal ……
Lots of research to do during the coming months.

1 Like

People worry too much about the possible effects of Brexit and for that I blame the media including august journals like The Connexion.

It was, infact a message from someone in my region who mentioned this.
So to clarify I have sent him an e mail to see if he has proof.
I hope that it is false info…

I can see that Tim is not interested in the situation which has been dealt with…simply because he is still rather young.
So, of course it does not relate directly to him as he is in another group who migrate, work and pay tax and medical cover paid via their French contributions.
This does explain the nonchalance.

1 Like

Barbara, I am interested but not particularly stressed, I cannot control what happens regarding ‘a deal’ or ‘no deal’ so will have to wait just like anyone else. To ‘cover all bases’ I will apply for a CDS once a RDV space becomes available and it is convenient to me.

Regarding the healthcare issue for S1 holders I believe the CPAM letter was simply a mistake by one office and cannot find any evidence that it is now an official instruction from the French government.

Well I’m in the group who have S1 cover (as of this year…) and I’m pretty nonchalent about it. Even with a no deal scenario, some of these things can be sorted bilaterally quite quickly.

2 Likes

The voice of reason, thank you Jane.

Then all is well!

I don’t think we should close the thread on such an optimistic note!

Remember, “Many a slip 'twixt cup and lip”, “Don’t count your chickens etc etc”, and “It ain’t over till the fat lady sings”. :cry:

It’s going to take more than a mere 252 posts to put my fears to rest on this Tit de Seduire issue, or whatever it’ s called.

Another 290 days (and lengthening nights) before I can be free of nagging doubts and of opening the boite de poste with trembling fingers in anticipation of a Notice to Va t’en d’où t’es venu.

There’s also a possibility of getting into the Guiness Book of Records for the most stupefyingly boring and pointless thread on Brexit, but it needs at least 250 more of the same to be in with a chance.

So here’s one to kick start it over again.

My wife and I presented our dossiers in April at St Lo. We weren’t given a receipt or covering letter, and no word since. The dossiers have probably been lost. I don’t know what to do, and if I did I’m in no fit state to do it.

Remember, before you dismiss me as a snowflake, even a one line post is a step closer to getting another SFN badge. :rofl:

1 Like

Many people are not bothered.
So what to say.
But as I said it does not affect those who have moved, are established as working
and not of pension age and looking towards UK for the medical support which was part
of the system.
I am worried because there is no one out there to trust!
But no one else seems to be!

2 Likes

A couple of things Barbara -

1. Does this affect you directly?

2. Worrying about a ‘maybe’ or ‘what if’ doesn’t do anyone any good.

No Tim I am with RSI and not supported by UK.
Yes you are right ….worrying about Brexit is bad!
Iam lucky…some people are not.

1 Like

Why are some people not lucky, this is just another scare story?

Whats your problem Tim, very peculiar :thinking:

I am worried Barbara, for myself, and other ‘retirees’ in a similar situation, though I’m possibly, much luckier than some, being married to a working French National with a very good Mutuelle, which covers me too.

1 Like

The only problem I have Bill is people believe as gospel what is reported in The Connexion when a lot of the time it’s rollocks and what’s worse they then spread ‘the word’ which of course worries others.

This Tim-Barbara exchange reminds me of the Punch and Judy booth on the beach at Weston-super-Mare:

O no it iznt! :boom:Biff!
O yes ittiz! :boom:Boff!
O NO ITIZNT! :boom:BOFF!
O YES ITTIZ! :boom:BIFF!

:wave::wave:. More ! Encore !! :grin:

PS I’m twiddling my thumbs waiting for a delivery of oil… :oil_drum:

1 Like