Confit Duck leftover ideas

Last night we failed to finish some Confit Duck (1 1/2 legs). Don’t want to waste it but my brain’s apparently stopped working this morning! Any leftover ideas anyone?
duck

Chinese curry with egg fried rice?

1 Like

Left over confit! A truly bizarre concept!

We do a couple of things with confit:

Crispy Duck Wraps - Remove the duck from the bone, shred it and warm on a baking tray, serve with Chinese pancakes, shredded spring onion, sliced cucumber & Hoi Sin. To make them particularly good, remove the skin, lay it on a baking tray and cook at 200°C for 15-20 minutes until fully crispy then chop fine and sprinkle on shredded duck.

Parmentier - again shred the duck, fry off shallots, add black pepper, thyme, stock, red wine, cover in mash potato & comte cheese then bake in the over = delish!
Link to Recipe

I am heading to UK this week and taking 3 tins of Confit to family/friends. I find the confit from Lidl to be excellent.

3 Likes

Mat. Love it! Will definitely try, particularly as it avoids some fairly limiting allergy issues in our household - gluten/Wheat, Curry, egg yolks and coriander!

Where do you find the Chinese pancakes?

Pancakes:

Eurasie Bordeaux Lac
05 56 50 86 75
https://maps.app.goo.gl/SsiZgk5oAH337raMA

(also the Lee Kum Kim Sweet Hoi Sin sauce is very similar to that served in restaurants with crispy duck)

My first, immediate thought. Beautiful. :duck:

1 Like

Generally?

1 Like

When we’re serving confit and there are too many portions in the package (can one ever have too many?)

I gently disentagle ALL the portions from the fat (at so low a temp that the portions don’t get warm…) then bag and freeze the extra for later.

Leftover meat is turned into duckpond pie… or glorious sandwiches with crusty bread…

1 Like

Made. Perfect! Highly recommended. Thank you.

To be continued…

3 Likes